[14] gates

Before (y/n)'s brain could even comprehend, the sun already started to set as it gave orange light covering every surface that was outside

Meanwhile, the (h/c)-haired girl, Kurapika, Leorio, and Gon were welcomed inside the guard house by none other than the old man who was thrown away like a sack of potatoes earlier that day.

"I'm happy to hear that you're friends with young Killua," The guard said as he handed (y/n) a cup of green tea.

The girl could only stare at her reflection in the cup as the old man talked.

She was already preparing her body for what was about to come. She knew that she wouldn't easily get used with wearing a ton of weight on her body... but she knew that she needed and wanted to do it.

There were various reasons why she wanted to do it.

"It is rather lonely since no one visits here, though we do see a lot of those," The guard said as he pointed to the skulls inside the garbage can.

(y/n) shuddered as she looked at it since she only saw plastic versions of those, and she only got to see such things during halloween.

"Well, I'm glad that you're here. Thank you," The guard said as he bowed his upper body, Leorio replying with a; '"Don't mention it,"

"However, I cannot let you inside,"

"Hah?" (y/n) asked as she looked at the man in front of her, she didn't even know why she was surprised.

The guard then proceeds to tell them about Mike who was on the other side of the gate.

"I don't want young Killua's friends to be reduced to bones," the guard laughed

"Sir, how is it that you're safe? " Kurapika asked, the man humming in response

"You go inside, correct? If you ever needed to enter, you wouldn't have a key."

'Well, that's because he's actually a buff man, Kurapika,' (y/n) thought to herself as she began drinking the tea she found actually good.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After the brief revelation that the man wasn't actually a guard, since he was actually just picking up after Mike's mess, the four were brought outside to enter the Zoldyck estate by the use of the heavy-ass doors that were unlocked.

The first one to try was Leorio who, to no one's surprise, failed to open the gate.

They were still amateurs, after all.

(y/n) laughed at the struggling teen as Leorio glared at her.

"Why don't you try it huh?!" he challenged (y/n), to which the girl could only shake her head.