[31] stalk

"That statue's price is higher than that," (y/n) said as she stared at the man that held the wooden statue she and the two boys bought earlier that day

"Haha, how would you even know that," The man nervously laughed as he subconsciously rubbed the statue.

Gon and Killua looked at (y/n) in wonder as the girl stood with her hands on her waist as she tried to let the man increase the price of the statue.

"Well, first of all, you're sweating, an obvious sign that someone is lying and second, I know what a good piece looks like, so you better pay us good,"

It was then a man entered the small shop as he walked towards the counter where the glaring (y/n) was as the two boys stood behind her.

"The girl is correct. Who would even pay 80,000 jennies for wood, what you're interested in are the gems inside the statue, right?" The man questioned the pawnbroker who stood behind the counter.

The two boys inwardly sighed as they silently thanked the man that decided to help them.

They knew that the statue was worth something more than what the broker was offering them. Aura was basically dripping out the thing and they were relieved that (y/n) knew how to put into words why it was worth a lot.

"You were planning to steal what's inside pretending that you were checking the wood's age." the man said as he continued on the glaring at the scummy broker.

"Is that so." (y/n) said as she basically burned holes at the man holding on to their dear statue.

━━━

After dealing with Zepile, the man who helped the three with the statue ordeal, the three left quickly once they received a call from Leorio saying that he found two members of the troupe.

Since they had problems with money, although (s/n) already handed them some, they were quick to go to where Leorio set up their meeting place.

On the second floor of some cafe.

When the couple, who were paid to give them information, left where they previously were, the four began cautiously looking at the two troupe members.

"Nope, even if I use my ability, I still wouldn't stand a chance with them," (y/n) explained, moving her hands in front of her in an x shape as she turned down Leorio's plan of just using her ability.

"They could sense her aura as soon as she pops out near them, and that basically means game over," Killua followed (y/n).

"Let's just take the long process to catch them, it'll be guaranteed that we'll somehow catch one of them," (y/n) yawned as she placed her head on the table, her head facing the ice-cream bowl she bought as she played with the spoon.

Again, Killua nodded at what she said. The two in front of them seemingly wondered why the two got along so well at that time.

"The two are out in daylight, which means that they're that confident with what they can do, and honestly, it's a little unnerving." (y/n) said.