[35] farewell

"I thought you were going to the auction with Gon and Killua?" Leorio asked as he eyed the girl that tried her best to tend to Kurapika who's fallen ill

(y/n) was still with the other three while the two boys already made their way to the auction hall along with Zepile.

"I am. Just checking if his temperature lowered... I'm pretty sure that you're just as worried as I am," (y/n) said, sighing.

She swiped Kurapika's bangs off of his forehead as she placed a newly wet towel on it. She was happy that his temperature got better overnight, and she had Leorio to thank for that.

"He got what he wanted but he caught a cold, seriously... and uh Melody... thank you for helping us! It means a lot," (y/n) said as smiled at the mentioned woman.

"No problem, (y/n)-san. I'm just glad that Kurapika has people he can trust,"

"Trust..." (y/n) trailed off as she shook her head, smiled at Melody for the second time, and went back to assessing Kurapika.

Leorio smiled as he watched (y/n) worry over their friend. It was fun watching and realizing that they were basically strangers to each other a few months ago, and now, they were worried sick for each other.

"I'm going to probably leave you guys today or some time tomorrow... my sister told me that she'd be the one to look over the two for the mean time so..." (y/n) trailed off as she stood from her seat.

"... If I don't ever come back today, tell him that I've gone to a different dimension again, okay?"

She was on the verge of crying, but the girl managed to teleport to one of the bathroom stalls on the auction hall. She checked out the venue earlier that day for that purpose.

"That's funny, (y/n)'s heartbeat was fast mere minutes ago when she was placing the cloth on Kurapika, and then it sounded sad before I knew it." Melody thought to herself as soon as the mentioned girl disappeared from her sight.

With (y/n) coming out of the stall she was in, she went to one of the faucets as she splashed herself with the cold tap water.

"You are a strong young lady who's learned something over the past few months and is a hunter and a member of the agency. You will not cry all because of the fact that you're leaving the boys behind," (y/n) chanted to herself as she faced the mirror.

Once she got a grip of reality again, along with wiping the water off her face, she went outside the bathroom to only see that Gon and Killua were basically being cornered by Feitan and Phinks.

"Hey, what's the big idea here?" (y/n) asked as she walked over to them, her hands landing on Killua and Gon's shoulder in a protective manner.

Phinks and Feitan walked away as the girl arrived, (y/n) looked at the two members, blinking as she realized that they didn't really acknowledge her presence.