Chapter 3 - Otherworldly Object

When school finally ends, Allen quickly goes home. For the whole afternoon, he had been thinking about the unknown object. Because of that, he's been itching with curiosity.

As he walks inside the house, he was met by Louisse and Ronald, who were looking at him with eyes widened.

"Allen?" Ronald looks at his brother in surprise. "That's new, you've never been too early—"

"Yes, yes. I know it's unusual and I don't care. I'm going to my room now!" Allen says quickly, leaving his siblings dumbfounded. He hurriedly went to his room and locked the door.

He takes out the unfamiliar object from his pocket. Then he sits on his bed, eying the thing carefully. "That's strange. Where are the words from earlier?" he asks himself as he eyes its rectangular glass. Unlike before, the screen is now black. Allen couldn't see anything besides his reflection. He was sure that he had seen the words. So how come they're already gone?

Allen scans the object many times until he saw two buttons on its side. "Huh? What is this?" he wondered. Out of curiosity, he presses one of its buttons. "WOAH!" the redhead exclaimed when the object turned on—he saw the words again in the screen.

The object falls onto the floor, while Allen stays on his bed, being wary with the unknown thing. As he sees that it doesn't do anything, he picks it up.

As reads the words, he notices that it is narrating a story. For some reason, he got hooked up a bit, causing him to read it thoroughly. Later on, his eyes widened when he saw some familiar names.

"Huh? What is this?... Larence... Bella..." Allen reads out the names. As he scrolls down further, he realized that some of the scenes mentioned, are the ones that happened from earlier. He also saw his name, even the names of his friends are written here. At first, he thought it was just a coincidence. But later on, when he continues to read the story, he noticed that these characters are them.

He shivered. When he read about the scene where he's jealous about Larence, he notices that their words were exactly written as they said. This scares him, almost letting go of the unknown object.

"W-What the hell was that?... H-How?..." he stuttered, feeling a mixture of fear and confusion. "H-How on earth—our words, our movements, everything... T-They were written in here...."

His heart starts to beat fast, he could feel the shivers running through his spine.

As he goes further, he reads a part where he was narrated about being approached by Larence, then being gossiped badly by other students. He remembers the events from earlier, he almost choked on how it was stated accurately. Little by little, he starts to get creeped out. This time, his pupils are now shaking as he continues to scroll down.

But later on, he read something that made him wonder.

'Hm? What's this? I don't seem to remember this one.'

Allen arched a brow, tilting his head to the side. He reads about how pissed he was when the teacher gave a surprise quiz. It says it all happened because the teacher's meeting was cancelled. When he read from this scene onwards, they were already unfamiliar to him. So far, the story had stated accurately about their previous actions. But this one, he doesn't remember experiencing such a thing. 

'Teacher's meeting? Isn't that tomorrow?'

Allen wondered about the information, but he continues to scroll down.

'...and a surprise quiz because it was cancelled?'

As he proceeds, he reads the part where Larence approaches him again, telling him that he's giving him a final warning to stop bothering Bella—the scene was happening in the school's garden. Of course, it stated that he acted rude towards Larence—which was a very Allen-thing to do.