Chapter 21 - The Hardships Of Convincing People

Allen sighed tiredly as he walks along with Ryan. In his whole entire life, this must be the most exhausting situation he had ever experienced.

"What's wrong, Allen? Don't tell me you're already in the verge of breaking down for just one quiz?" Ryan chuckled lightly. He secretly looks at Allen in a slight sadistic manner, no one notices this except Allen.

"Unfortunately, no." Allen grumbled. A moment later he faces Ryan. "By the way, are my words really hard to believe? Like is it often?"

Ryan blinked at Allen, a bit off guarded by the statement. Honestly, he didn't expect that Allen would question this kind of thing out of the blue. Ryan just chuckled and gave out a slight shrug. "Probably. After all, you lie a lot. Whenever you do that, there's always an evil scheme in your mind. It is expected that people won't believe you easily if you often fill them with lies." he answered.

"I guess this is my karma for stalking Bella and lying to a lot of people." Allen sighed. He rubs his temple as his stress levels slowly risen. "Unfortunately, I was telling the truth this time, and they won't believe me."

Ryan looked at him with a questioned look. "What do you mean by that?" he asked, clearly wondering what Allen's blabbering about.

"Before, I used to tell lies and most people believe them. But now that I'm telling the truth, no one believes me. Like, literally no one! For goodness sake! I just want some space, why can't my brother just leave me alone!?" Allen exclaimed in frustration, flailing both of his arms. His brother, Ron, isn't only the problem. Those servants too, they are gluing onto him more like crazy. It's much worse than before.

Ryan looked at Allen. He shook his head in amusement, as he hears the boy complain. "You're odd. How come you're talking to me comfortably even though you already knew that I dislike you?" he asked, arching a brow.

"As you can see, I don't have friends. So I don't have anyone to rant to. Since I'm being desperate right now, you're the closest person I could find. I'm totally pissed as hell right now." Allen growled. Then a moment later, something clicked in his mind. "Well, Az is my friend, but he's not here." he added, remembering that he had to introduce Az as a friend back then.

The reason why Allen is in a bad mood, it's because he tried to clear up a misunderstanding with Ron and the servants, but they didn't believe him in the end. In Allen's entire life, he never felt this much frustration. Don't even get him started with Dr. Cassandra, he doubts if that doctor was even convinced to his assurance back then. Allen suspects that Dr. Cassandra doesn't believe him one bit, but he sure do hope that's not the case. He doesn't want to add any more problem in his hands.

Sean (the butler) keeps following Allen around like some kind of bodyguard, Kyla (the maid) kept on sending Allen sweets out of nowhere, and Ron keeps on asking persistently about Allen's well-being. Even the twins, Kivy and Ivy Sylvester, who came from a dangerous organization like Sean, they kept on suggesting high-classed assassin guilds to Allen. Not only that, the knives that Kivy usually snuck into Allen's belongings, they all upgraded into guns. Allen doesn't know if he should continue being clueless about the fact that his belongings are secretly being filled by dangerous weapons. On top of that, they're all high quality. If anyone sees such kind of weapons with Allen, he might get suspected as a professional assassin.

Allen doesn't understand why they are sticking close to him lately. He could understand Ron, since he's his older brother, it's normal for the man to be worried for him. While on the other hand, he doesn't understand Sean and the others. They clearly hated him to the core, they even wished to have nothing to do with him. Just what on earth are they plotting? Allen doesn't understand anymore, his brain hurts from thinking.