Chapter 6 - Don't Do It

"Allen! Where were you!? It's already late, you had us worried!" Ron yells at Allen, concern is written all over his face. "The servant went to school to pick you up, but he said you weren't there! Are you stalking that girl again? Is that the reason why you're late!?"

Allen just stayed silent. Usually, he would've yelled back, defending himself—but no, he didn't. After everything that happened earlier, he had no energy to do so. Right now, he had bigger problems to deal with.

Louisse walked close to Allen, looking concerned as well. "Allen, our brother's right. Your stalking is becoming more unhealthy—"

"It's not that." Allen interrupts his sister. "This time, it's not..." he lowers his voice. He's really tired right now, all he wanted is to rest.

When Louisse was about to say more, Allen walked past his two siblings, ignoring their voices that were calling  him. This day, he had it worse. What happened earlier was really a lot to take in. He couldn't believe such impossible things are happening to him. It's driving him insane.

The redhead immediately went on his way to his room. As he sees the servants from the sideways, he couldn't help but feel the shivers through his spine. Earlier, before he was able to go home, he read the novel again—it was just a scan though. These people helped the protagonist to capture him. He couldn't forget the fact that he read about them cheering in his execution. The hate and disgust in their eyes, it was all written in the novel. For now, they don't feel that way—they just dislike him, you know, like they're still in 'not-planning-to-kill-him' mode—but in the future, they will. Who knew that his jealousy could bring trouble upon him. Because of those emotions, he was easily brainwashed by this maniac called Abigor, turning him into a chaotic bastard.

The thing that worries him more is—
if he fails to make the original ending happen, this world will be erased. Even if he doesn't act all villain, there's still a dead end for him. Earlier, he asked about the consequences if the mission fails. When he heard the result, it was terrifying. That Will guy is planning to take some sort of crystal, which is the source of this world. They said it will only appear if the world was erased, and that is Will's goal—to erase this world.

The guardians also hold a duty to do any means to prevent a character from being aware. Millions of years ago, a certain guardian messed up and made a character aware. They failed to make the original ending happen—the world was erased, everyone died, and the guardian was executed. That's when Allen got even more scared, knowing that this isn't the first time.

The fact he found out that this is the second time, he felt an endless worry. When he heard the failure about the previous one, it disturbed him. The world's crystal was taken, and the enemies need one more. Az said that there was a myth—if the two crystals are gathered together, it will grant you a wish. In order to do that, you need to destroy two worlds. Knowing how greedy people are, of course they would attempt to commit such horrible act.

Allen found out that Az was responsible for putting their world in danger, because he made a character aware. He didn't know whether he should be mad or not. If he hadn't found the phone, he wouldn't know that he'll be brainwashed and turn into a villain. Honestly, even if Az didn't do it, Allen's situation in both sides are terrible.

Normally, he would've told anyone and asked for help, but that will break the rules. Even if there's no rules, they will ask him questions. He'll be forced to let them read the novel, and once they do, they'll find out he's a villain in the novel—that won't be good for him. His family won't do either, knowing how much a worrywart they were, they will stupidly tell someone and ask for their help. He could only trust himself and ask help from those two. Seeing that they had no intention to harm him, it is an advantage to team up with them. They're strong as well, it's better to have strong allies protecting him.