Chapter 32 - Under Observation

"Those were the last ones." Ryan panted, telling both individuals with him.

"Yeah, we were able to do it as fast as we expected." Az agrees, wiping off his sweat. Then he turned to face his red-haired comrade. "Hey, Allen. Are you sure Larence won't come to us and talk about the misunderstanding?" he asked. "Who knows, he might approach us because Ryan was the one who told them to let us explain everything."

Ryan sighed and shook his head. "That's what I thought too, but I think what Allen said from earlier was accurate. Just because he has some tiny amount of trust towards me, it doesn't mean that he'll entirely believe me.... Also, judging by this annoying personality of his, he would likely stalk each one of us." he explained. He turns to look at them with a frown and warned, "That's why we better be careful. No matter what, we should be cautious of things that might lead Larence from misunderstanding again.... Oh, and just in case, we must warn that Felix guy as well."

As Allen was about to say something, he was interrupted by a certain grumpy boy.

"Warn me about what?" says Felix who's now appeared behind Az and Allen. Both boys jumped in surprise of his presence.

"Oh, great timing." Ryan chirped. "We were just talking about you!.... I guess I'll have to warn you now, before it's too late!" he told him. Then his expression turned dark, but not really in a scary way. He started chuckling like a corny villain from a fantasy show, making the others cringe. "Beware of those creatures who lurks from the shadows... If you do not take heed, it will cause you terrible misfortune... and misery..."

Felix arched a brow, obviously not getting what the blue-haired bastard was saying.

"What he meant to say is, you must be careful for a while. Larence and the others are also suspecting you. It is necessary for us to try our best to refrain from misunderstandings that might cause our untimely doom." Allen says, trying to help him understand.

"Tch. Why do I have to get involved in this?" Felix growled, rubbing his hair harshly in frustration.

"Sorry..." Az squeaked.

"My sincerest apologies. I say, it's quite unfortunate that you happened to be in a wrong place and in a wrong time." Ryan apologized as well, but he's doesn't seem sincere about it. "However, it would be advisable for us to follow this suggestion. No matter how strong or knowledgeable we are, in the end, we're still powerless if everyone in this country would become our enemy."

Felix muttered a curse.

"Yeah, as much as we feel guilty involving you into this mess, we have no choice but to do this for the sake of our safety." Allen says, looking apologetic for the first time.

Felix looked at them for a moment. Then he rubs his temples due to stress. "Ah, fuck. I should've known you guys are the type to attract trouble ever since I first saw you." he groaned.

"Well, there's a saying, 'birds of a feather, flocks together'. You also seem the type to attract trouble, so you're not really different from us." Ryan smirked, chuckling at his own statement.

Felix glared at him.

"Wait a minute, where's Bella? Wasn't she with you earlier?" Az arched a brow.

"That gorilla ditched me from the moment we already defeated the monsters." Felix huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Sounds like her." Allen sighed.

Felix scoffed, looking down on his watch. "Shit. I'm already late for work." he said. Then he turned around to face the three boys. "Alright then, I'll heed your advice, so I'm going now. See you tomorrow, losers."