Chapter 31 - Let The Battle Continue

"I can't believe it... Not only destroying their red orbs, but salt could also kill these creatures." Einz says in amazement as they all help together spread salt around the place.

Allen on the other hand, just rolled his eyes, slightly offended that they doubted him. While Az just kept on glaring at Larence and the others.

At this moment, there are only a few monsters to defeat. It wouldn't take more than thirty minutes for them to end this battle.

Meanwhile, Bella kept on staring at Az and Allen. She couldn't help but think that there's something about these individuals. It's really hard for her to explain, but these people are giving off some vibes—it's as if they know something that none of them could even comprehend. She recalled what Ryan said earlier, the guy mentioned that they're the ones who were helping them ever since the first demon attack.

'Could it be that.... they are the mysterious people who were helping us in the shadows?' she thought. If that's the case, it makes absolute sense on why Allen knew a lot of things about defeating these monsters.

One by one, everyone were able to take down all the monsters until there were none left around the first area of the academy. There are still a few left around other areas, but they aren't really worried because the students were already evacuated to a safe place.

Larence and Rachel volunteered to go in the student's lounge, in order to search for the dangerous monsters on the loose. While Einz volunteered to check some other areas to see if there are still monsters lurking around.

Hence, only Bella, Az, Ryan, Felix, and Allen are left together.

"I guess everything makes sense now about why you knew all these types of shit. You know, something related to these monsters, demons, and whatnot." Bella huffed.

"How nice, at least someone here is smart enough to connect the dots. Your groupmates are a bunch of morons. Not believing Ryan's claim despite the analysis and evidence that he pointed out to them. I knew the world here is biased, but I didn't expect that it would reach to such extent." Az growled. Obviously, he's still irritated about what happened earlier.

"As much as annoying it sounds to you guys, that's how it works in this society we live in. It's hard to change the perspectives of people who're born in an environment they believed in. However, our only chance is to use every strength we got to convince them about our innocence." Ryan sighed as he prepares more weapons that he equipped.

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Az arched a brow.

"According to the reaction I received earlier, everyone became hesitant towards arresting you. If you just observe their expressions and body language, it is quite obvious that they partly suspect you guys being the ones helping them secretly." Ryan explained. "Just like what Allen said, these guys somehow trust me, so there must be some statements that they are taking into consideration."

Ryan notices Felix who was standing there, quietly listening to their conversation.

"....Somehow, Felix was unfortunately dragged in this troublesome situation." he added.

"Do you think they will speak to us about this when all the fighting is done?" Felix asked, surprisingly calm about it—or maybe just from the outside. After all, there's a vein that's visible on his forehead right now and his eye is twitching slightly—however, it's only Allen who was able to notice it.

"I doubt it. Judging by Larence's personality he would stalk first the individual he finds suspicious. Once he finds something that serves as an evidence or confirmation about his suspicions, he will either confront and threaten them or straightforwardly beat them up. Unfortunately, he's kind of a dunce head. If the situation somehow turned out something he just misunderstand, he would never try confirming it thoroughly if it was really the case." Allen says. A moment later, he shrugged. "So to put it simply, he's somehow the type to believe things that he only sees, without hearing the reason behind it."