Chapter 11 - Worst Day Ever

Allen knows why Larence was absent earlier. That guy is already investigating about the random disappearance of the students.

"I guess it's time to do my job." Allen sighed. He walks around the hallways, looking for Larence's locker. After a few minutes later, he spots the locker and stands in front of it. For some reason, Allen felt weird. "Ugh, this feels like I'm putting in a love letter or something." he says in disgust as he looks at the letter on his hand.

The cute envelope that Allen is holding right now, is a message that gives a hint about Ted being the culprit.

Az goes behind Allen, looking at the letter."You know, you could've told me. I could just go invisible and slip it in his locker."

Allen turned to look at the brunette. A surprised expression was written all over his face. "Shit, you're right. Why haven't I thought about that." he says, softly hitting his head for being stupid. A moment later, he sighed, lumping both of his shoulders. "Whatever, let's just get this over with—Wait a minute! Where on earth did you come from!? You just suddenly appeared out of nowhere!" he exclaimed, recently realizing the guy's presence.

"I'm here too, you know?" Alicia says, appearing from behind.

Allen let out a gasp as he sees the girl. A moment later, he finally calms down.

"Nevermind. I'm already here, so I'll just insert it." he sighed.

"By the way, what's that letter for? Are you trying to challenge him or something?" Az asked.

"No, I'm just trying to give him hints about his dear enemy, Ted."

"Oh. What does it say then?"

"It says, 'Beware. Ted de los Santos is an enemy. He's responsible for the kidnapping.'" Allen says with an expressionless face.

"Wow, straight to the point." Az says, raising both of his eyebrows. "You know, you're supposed to help him increase his strength and intelligence. Why are you spoon-feeding him? It is important for the protagonist to improve his thinking capability."

"Oh, is that so?" Allen paused for a while, but a moment later, he shrugged. "Whatever, these are just a few words. Plus, I need to do this so he could make it in time and save those students who died in the novel. I've got to admit, I'm an arse, but I'm not that cruel enough to sacrifice anyone."

Az looked at him for a while. A moment later, a smile started to form on his lips."You know, I kinda like this version of you. It suits you than the villain one."

Allen rolled his eyes, giving out a smirk. "Good to know. I definitely don't like the idea of letting a demon brainwash me and turn me into a damn sociopath."

Az chuckled at the boy's words. Later on, the letter was finally slipped inside the locker, and then they left.

As the three walks around an isolated area, Az looks at Allen and asks, "So, it seems they're still suspecting you about the Bella incident. Have you figured out anything that could prove your innocence?"

"No. I still can't figure out anything. They won't believe just by words." Allen groaned.

"It seems that their dislike towards you have increased." Alicia says.

"No shit." Allen grunted as he plays with a small rock from the ground. "If only it's allowed for us to kill that demon lord, it would have been much easier. Why does it have to be only Larence? Can't the others do it?"

"Rules are rules, Mr. Allen. Novel worlds are really strict and confusing. It is the only one that makes its own rules. As far as we know, that's just how it works." Alicia says, putting a hand on her chin. "But I've got to admit, those rules are pretty lame. It's almost like we're having a system or something."