Chapter 14 - Split Personality

Allen gave out a stunned expression. Hearing Bella's words, it doesn't sound like her at all. It's like, she changed into a different person. Just by one glance, he could tell that she's not the Bella he knows.

A second later, he remembered what Az said back then... It was back when he's reading the book alone.

He stood there for a while as memories flashed in his mind:

"Wow, you're so focused on reading that book." Az says, appearing so suddenly.

"No." Allen grumbled, continuing to read.

But that doesn't stop Az. He leaned closer and whispered, "The heroine has a split personality~"

Allen's grip on the book tightened. When he was about to get mad at Az, the other boy interrupts him.

That guy's sentence was one thing he couldn't forget...

"Be careful though. Her other personality tends to be violent."

Allen looked at Az in silence. He felt uneasy about his warning.

Allen snapped out from his thoughts when the flashback ended. He couldn't forget that day he found out Bella's dangerous personality. He gulped, starting to think on what to do in this situation. After all, he doesn't know how to handle a wild person. Correction, if he includes Ted, then it's two wild people.

Before the demon could do something, Allen snapped out of his thoughts and grabbed Bella immediately.

"You dunce! Why did you have to interrupt!? I could've handled that on my own!" Bella growled as she points toward the demon.

Allen tried to prevent himself from shivering. At first, he couldn't believe what was written in the novel. But since the content there comes true, it didn't take him a lot of time to believe it. The heroine was scarier than the book defined her. Right now, she's like a beast, but a pretty one.

A moment later, Ted blasted magic towards them. Luckily, Allen dodged it. The demon was surprised at the boy's speed, it isn't something that normal humans could do, unless... he's a mage. But it's strange, he  doesn't sense any mana. Is he hiding it?

"Boy, are you a mage?" Ted asked.

Allen blinked at his question. He looked confused. "What?"

The demon scoffed at the boy's reply. "Whatever, I may not sense it, but I could tell from the movements that you're not a normal human. Hell, I even saw you suddenly appear in front of us so out of thin air. It doesn't matter though, your strength still doesn't match mine."

Allen sensed the demon's bloodlust. Out of instinct, he immediately sprinted away, looking for a place where they both could hide safely. He ran as he carries Bella around the place. The heroine kept on bickering, telling him to put her down, which hindered their speed to get away.

It didn't took a lot of time for Ted to find them. He didn't waste any second to blast them with his magic.

Allen immediately acted on instinct. He dived towards the ground, dodging the attack. As they lay on the ground, he immediately grabbed some sand and threw it towards Ted's eyes. This caused the demon to be blinded for a while. He immediately took opportunity and grabbed Bella. Both of them ran away for escape.

In front of them, there was a garden. There's a maze in that place, it also has a lot of spots to hide. Allen ran more faster, quickly going inside the maze garden.

"Let's hide here." he says, pointing towards a lady statue.

"Huh, are you an idiot? Just how on earth are we going to hide here? There's no room in here to hide, that maniac would totally spot us. Hiding in the bushes is much better." Bella said, crossing her arms in disbelief. She eyed Allen critically, her glare pierces through the him, making the other boy flinch.