Chapter 40 - Worm Attacks

After Ryan left, Felix went to his workplace, along with Az, Allen, and Alicia (who's still in cat form).

"Why are we going here again?" Az asked.

"The lil' runt wants to see you again." Felix answered with a grumpy expression. Currently, they are carrying three boxes of cake for each one of them. "Suprisingly, he seems fond of you three. I was supposed to bring the blue-haired creep, but thankfully, he got called by the teacher from earlier, so it's just you two. Honestly, I'm kinda glad that he isn't with us. I bet he'll just annoy the heck out of everyone."

"Wait, Caleb wants to see us again? Isn't he the adorable lil' elf we saved back then?" Az said, his eyes are sparkling in awe. Then he turned to look at Allen. "Awww, he wants to see us again! I'm so touched!" he said, starting to get a bit teary-eyed.

Allen was surprised, which made him wonder about Felix's statement. The little elf boy is fond of them? Not to mention, he himself is also included. For the first time in his life, he never experienced someone being fond of him upon the first meeting. He couldn't help but feel a bit touched at that.

"Heh. Of course he's fond of us. After all, we saved his life. He should be honored that he was able to meet a noble like me! It is expected that he'll admire my greatness!" Allen said, trying to sound arrogant. He only did that in order to hide the fact he's happy about Caleb liking him as well. And as for what he said, he didn't mean most of it, because he knows very well that he isn't that praising towards himself. He may say those words out loud, but deep inside, there are a lot of things he loathed himself for. Sounding arrogant was a force habit for him. Ever since he was young, he developed that skill in as a defense mechanism.

Felix just rolled his eyes. "Ain't ya arrogant there, raccoon boy?" he said almost in a joking way.

"Wah! Raccoon boy!? Just what made you think to call me that way!?!?" Allen exclaimed, pointing at him accusingly.

"I often see you with dark circles in your eyes which made you look like one." Felix shrugged.

Allen touched one of his eyes. He assumed that it must be one of the effects of staying up late often. The phone was really addicting, it's impossible for him to control himself. Plus, it helped him ease his stress a bit, unlike before when he doesn't have one.

Nevertheless, Allen felt a bit offended and was about to say something, but he was interrupted by a certain guardian.

"How mean. Aren't you taking all the credits to yourself? What about me and Ryan? We also helped!" Az pouted, looking at Allen with sad eyes.

Allen just ignored them. Typical behavior of him, really.

A few minutes later, the three of them finally arrived their destined location.

Felix knocked on the door and Caleb opened it. The bar owner, Mr. Aaron, was there as well. The father and son both warmly greeted Allen and Az. Then one of them wondered where was Ryan, so Felix explained that the boy was occupied for a moment, that's why he couldn't come.

Mr. Aaron happily offered a table reserved for them and gave them delicious desserts. It's his son's birthday after all, so it would be nice to have at least two or more guests.

"What? Today is the little elf boy's birthday?" Allen questioned, then he faced Caleb who's the birthday boy. "Huh. No wonder why there are cakes." he said, referring to the cakes they're carrying right now. "There's a lot of them, but I'm not complaining." he grinned. Since these guys are willing to offer them such tasty desserts, there's no way he would pass up the opportunity. Who was Allen to not accept such offer? For all he knows, only a buffoon would refuse.