Chapter 23 - Debut (2)

"Seriously, even in this era? You're acting like you came from a modern world." Az arched a brow. He looks at Allen who's now taking a couple of selfies.

"Smartphones are really addicting these days. I'm not complaining, and I wish I have my own." Az pouted. He rocks on a chair back and forth, facing Allen once again. "Also, ever since I combined the battery with magic, you've become more addicted than before. I'm surprised that you're not affected by the hate comments about you."

Allen just scoffed. "It's not like they're here to say it to my face." he says as he starts to watch a video on YouTube. He couldn't help but whistle in amazement. "Interesting. All you have to do is cast magic on the battery and now I'm able to have access in the Internet."

Az made a face, looking at Allen in disbelief. "Seriously. You may be born in a Victorian era type of place, but you're starting to sound like someone who lived in a world of technology." he shook his head and sighed. "I think you're gonna pass as a modern citizen in year 20XX."

"I don't know what you're saying, but I'll search the meaning of Victorian era on Google." Allen shrugged, starting to type on the phone.

"He's totally gonna fit in. He'll be one of those teenagers who's always on their phones all day." Alicia giggled. "Be careful though, a lot of people damaged their eyes because of excessive screen time."

Allen grinned widely as he stared at the phone. He starts laughing in a low voice which sounds like a villain. "Homeworks have been less hard for me. All I have to do is search the topic." he says with a devilish smirk, raising the phone as if it's a holy treasure.

His evil laugh became loud, earning a weird look from Az and Alicia.

A moment later, Allen's laughter died when a thought came into his mind. "Now that I've come to think of it, we need to do something to eliminate Xavier. If he's out of the picture, things would be less complicated in the future. In the novel, Ravana caused Larence and the others a migraine. She's one of the powerful demons who're difficult to handle. When she arrived here after Abigor's (alias: Felix Oswin) death, Xavier allied with her, which results them being a strong duo." he said.

Allen remembered about how the novel stated that Ravana's arrival caused a lot of deaths. On top of that, he's also somewhat allied with her. According to his analysis, his villain self didn't help much, but he tried. So far, it's only Xavier who has the biggest contribution to Ravana. Fortunately for Larence, he was able to defeat Ravana with Ryan's help. After Ravana's defeat, that was when Allen got captured and executed.

"The risk is at a high percentage for my family's safety, and for me as well. In the novel, Ravana's arrival was one of the biggest factors of my family's death. It happened when my family's honor got tarnished because of my villain self." Allen pointed out. "However, in this present moment, even if I become a villain or not, there's still a high chance of death upon them. Many human lives were lost because of Xavier and Ravana's combo. So my plan is to take down Xavier before Ravana meets him."

Az stared at Allen for a while. Then a moment later, he hummed. "You're right. According to the state I'm in now, especially the unexpected situations happening recently, I guess it would be wise to take down Xavier first. That guy's almost as smart as Ryan. It is indeed troublesome if he teams up with Ravana. Right now, we wouldn't need to worry about Abigor teaming up with someone else. Because you and I both know that he's a total loner, he hates teaming up with others." he stated.

"In order to take down Xavier, we need to frame him. Since it's impossible to find evidences for his crimes, we'll have to make one. At least in that way, we're still punishing him for his unforgivable deeds." Allen said.