Chapter 29 - Trouble

"Okay, so let me get this straight... You guys had set traps around the school?" Ryan says, looking at Allen and Az.

Both boys nodded to him in reply as the three of them ran through the hallways.

"I'm really thankful that Az and I decided to set them early." Allen panted.

"What kind of traps?" Ryan questioned.

"Well, it's nothing special. It's just to buy us some time. The traps only involve some arrows or anything sharp that comes through their way." Allen replied.

"Oh, don't forget the explosives." Az added.

"Explosives?" Ryan arched a brow.

"Ah yes, also the explosives—Wait, explosives!?" Allen exclaimed as he turned to face Az. "You imbecile! Why on earth would you also put explosives around the school!?"

"What? As if you setting sharp objects isn't also dangerous." Az shrugged. "Also, don't worry. It helps a lot from defending this place." he smiled, giving out a thumbs up.

Allen paled.

"Wow, I didn't know you guys have it in you. To set such wonderful traps, it makes my heart jump in excitement." Ryan chirped, his eyes are now sparkling like he's a little kid who received a new toy as his present. "Way to go guys!" he gave a thumbs up as he faces Allen who's now turning purple from horror.

"Stop giving me those thumbs up! I can't believe you guys are perfectly fine with this! You're crazy!" Allen exclaimed.

Suddenly, their conversation was interrupted by a loud explosion nearby.

"Ohhh, it seems that the enemies have already arrived." Ryan whistled.

Allen squeaked. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I hope no one's affected by that loud explosion. Shit, we're so dead—"

"Chillax, my dude. Those bombs are made for harming nonhumans only." Az assured. "I bought it from a merchant who's living around the town. I admit he was creepy, but I could tell that he's legit."

Allen sighed in relief, and continued to run with no worry. Deep in thought, he guesses that Larence and the others might be in the quadrangle at the moment, fighting off the monsters and protecting the students like a bunch of heroes they are. The attack may have happened earlier than they expected, but the flow hasn't changed, their movements are still the same as stated in the novel. Everyone in the story isn't aware yet about the weak spots of these creatures, so the three of them should at least be present at the scene in case Will happens to be there.

Accidentally, they reached an area where monsters are being slowed down because of the booby traps, but there are others that aren't caught by it and started running towards them with the intent to kill. Az and Ryan ran ahead and immediately attacked the monsters in a blink of the eye. Allen couldn't help but feel amazed by the strength of these boys. Normally, he would tell Az to not use his powers in public. But fortunately, there aren't people around so it's fine.

In the novel, Rachel was able to figure out that the only way to eliminate these monsters. She used salt to defeat them. Well, Bella's other personality, also contributed a lot in the team, because she is very equiped in combat battle. Anyhow, the idea if salt helped Larence and Einz to successfully defeat all the enemies in a convenient way.

Unfortunately, it would take time for those guys to figure that out. Dozens of students are going to die because of this delay of knowledge.

Since Allen has a conscience, he would try his best to not let such horrible event happen. Which is why they are on their way to the cafeteria, where they could get salt. But they're in a pinch right now, because these monsters are blocking the way.