Chapter 35 - Ally or Enemy?

Allen stood there, glaring at the three individuals in front of him. "Oh? And why should I do that?" he challenged. "Surrounding me like this... Does this even seem like you want to talk to me?"

This time, Rachel was the one who scoffed. "Stop being such a brat, Allen."

Allen rolled his eyes. "No, you're the one who's being the brat. It clearly shows your actions back then." he retorted.

Rachel became silent, she just glared at Allen. Larence and Einz looked at each other, then back at Allen. They also felt annoyed, but it's understandable why the boy would feel that way.

The four of them just stood there in silence, until Einz was the one who broke it.

"Okay, it's understandable that you would act this way because of how we accused you back then. But we found it suspicious about why the enemy mentioned your name." the prince reasoned out. "So how on earth did someone like you, who seems to only possess ordinary skills, caught their attention?" he questioned, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.

Allen rolled his eyes, trying not to scoff at how ridiculous this sounds.

"Ohhhhh okay. So just because the enemy mentioned my name, you guys assumed that I'm an accomplice..." Allen said, nodding his head. Before any of them could answer yes, he interrupted them. "Bullcrap. Are you guys really that dense!? Why on earth would they attack me then, if I was their accomplice!? I mean, have you ever thought that they're after me or something?" he finally snapped.

The three individuals in front of him, flinched. It seems they had a moment of realization after Allen said that.

"Wow, seriously? Aren't you guys supposed to be smarter than me? I'm just a rich kid who possess no special talent, but I've got enough common sense to think of that. My, my, should I be proud? Daaang, I totally deserve a reward right now. What an amazing accomplishment to have." Allen laughed with a mocking expression. He crossed both of his arms and continued to ridicule them. Then he tilted his head, giving them an expression that looked so antagonizing.

Larence and the others just looked at him in irritation, but they can't retort anything because Allen was right.

"Wha..... I can't believe I'm saying this, but.... GOSH! Why are you guys so ignorant when the truth is right in front of you!?" he shouted in angrily. "Tell me, do you even understand what I'm saying or do you refuse to believe me because you didn't want the truth? You cannot accept that you are wrong, that it's not me who's responsible for all of this!? Did it hurt your prides because you all grew up to be always right from other people's eyes!? Are you really that offended about someone like me being right and you being wrong?" he yelled at them. "Are you just saying all of this because I have the label of being useless from other people? That's why you don't trust my words unlike those who had proven something!?"

"W-What are you talking about!? Of course not, stop making up... things!" Rachel tried to retort, but she stuttered. For some reason, she's also starting to consider Allen's words. She didn't understand why there was guilt creeping inside of her. As far as she knows, everyone is taught to not trust people who didn't prove anything that made them worthy of something. They were all taught that people who weren't able to have something their good at, is a lazy person and a liar. They learned that those kinds of people don't care about anything and just leaves the burden to others, so that they could only have it the easy way.

Rachel's thoughts run the same with others as well.

Meanwhile, Allen looked at them in pure disappointment. He didn't understand why he felt unfair. He knew shouldn't be complaining about this stuff. After all, they were all taught that people like him aren't someone to be trusted. Because they are also known as a burden and misfortune to others. Allen knew that, he thought it was right. But now, why does he think that this is all wrong? Everything here is so wrong? Too much unfairness, too much injustice, too much...discrimination. Allen thought that maybe he's just being sensitive, believing that adults knew better, the others knew better.