Chapter 37 - Hidden Portals

Allen sighed tiredly. Right now, him, Az and Ryan are in a forest. They are personally checking out the barrier, trying to see if there's any other way than relying on Rachel's magic (which she hasn't known yet).

So just in case Larence refuses the offer of alliance, Allen and the others would just take out the barrier by themselves.

Unfortunately, it seems they couldn't find any other clue.

Currently, Allen just stood alone under the tree, using it as a shade from the sun. He stayed there for a while, trying to enjoy the fresh air, and the beauty of nature that surrounds him. He didn't think that hanging around the forest would make him feel relaxed. The temperature around him is just right, even the views around here are stunning. When Allen was a kid, he wasn't able to get out much. Heck, he didn't even have the freedom to travel in places he like.

But now, things changed ever since Az and Alicia came into his life, especially that smartphone which fell from the sky. Though things may be disastrous along the process, Allen felt free for some reason. Unlike in the Coldwell household, he could do things freely without much restrictions. He was able to go into different places because Az and Alicia helps him sneak out.

Despite the misfortune that comes in his way... Despite knowing the fate of this world and himself, for some reason, his life doesn't seem much bitter and degrading as before.

At that moment, he remembered what Sean and the others said from earlier:

"Young master, we aren't saying that we're trying to accuse you, but we're worried about why these demons are interested in you. Have you done something to anger them? If so, you would need a lot of protection."

"I agree with that... You seem to be hiding something, but we won't push any further. Because we think there's a reason why you refuse to mention anything about it... However, I'd like to train you... But I'll leave the decision up to you."

"Though I'm not sure what kind of shenanigans you five are trying to pull, I'm certain that you're probably... doing this for a good reason... I don't know, but that's what I think."

Once Allen snapped back from his thoughts, he didn't realize that there was a small smile forming on his lips. Honestly, he didn't take them for the type to say such things.

'I wonder what changed...? Is this because all of us already had a free will to feel things?' he thought. All of them were already granted to have their own ego, and the freedom to feel emotions. However, others don't realize that and still acts like they usually do in the plot.

He couldn't help but think, 'How I wish my family and I could understand each other...'

A moment later, Allen shook his head. "Those things... my past..., history, and everything... They all happened because that's the plot." he muttered to himself. And now, they are free from the plot, but they're unaware of it except for him.

Once Allen snapped back in the present, he spotted another strange view, hiding behind those tall and big trees. Out of curiosity, Allen walked past those trees. Then after that, he was met by an enchanted forest and some fireflies surrounding him.

It is a beautiful view. Everything is a bit dark, and there are tiny blue crystals that are floating around the area. The way they shine were mesmerizing, it's as if Allen entered in a place of lanterns or something. The flowers on the ground were beautiful and unique, its colors are also captivating in a strange way. Not only that, the trees look different than the ones he saw from earlier.

Allen noticed a wooden bridge that leads up to one outstanding tree across him. Somehow, the tree resembles a cherry blossom, like the ones he see in the Internet. It is also surrounded by tiny roundish lights, they are floating around the tree with no strings attached.