〘030〙

The younger Grey didn't think about looking behind her when speeding up as she walked out of the hospital, wiping her nose on her sleeve

"Yvonne. Eve! Goddammit, wait." Jackson noticed that she didn't listen, she just kept walking.

She came to a halt when she knew Jackson was behind her

"Your mom thinks our baby isn't okay, she wants me to start Folic Acids because she doesn't want a sick grandchild." Yvonne wrapped her arms around herself, shrugging her shoulders. "It's all on me."

"Yvonne that's not what she-"

"That's exactly what she meant, Jackson, but it's okay. I'm used to people doubting me, no worries." Yvonne waves her hand in the air, walking towards the car. "It's cool."

"Hey, listen to me." Jackson placed his hand on the now visible bump, staring into her eyes. "My mom is a meddler, but she wants you to be okay?"

Yvonne released a sarcastic chuckle, wiping away the tear that fell on her cheek. "She wants her grandchild to be okay, Jack, I get it."

"Please, don't act like this, let me be there for you."

"You're always here, that's why I want to show you something, take you somewhere." The blonde replied, throwing her purse in the back and getting behind the wheel.

"And that 'something' is?" Jackson shrugged his shoulders, frowning at his girlfriend.

"If you'd get in, and let me drive, you'd know, come on." Yvonne turned the key in the ignition, smiling to herself as Jackson got in.

The place that she had in mind right now was something she hadn't shared with anyone in all the years she was back in Seattle.

Sure, there were happy days, full of laughs, jokes, and the feeling of the beginning of another part of life.

But yet this was a thing she never thought of showing to someone, anyone.

 Ever. 

Truly never. 

Yet it was happening.

"Where are we going?" Jackson turned his head to the blonde.

Tapping her fingers on the steering wheel, Yvonne kept her eyes on the road. "A part of me."

"A part of you?"

Yvonne nodded her head at the question, her feet on the gas and enjoying the view in front of her.

"Yeah, a part of me, a part that's gone, but still a part of me," Yvonne said as she looked behind her in between two cars.

Not saying a word the blonde got out and released a deep breath, placing her hand on her bump.

Hearing another car door being slammed shut, she got out of the daydream and took hold of Jackson's hand as she started to walk towards a black gate that was still open.

"What are we doing at a cemetery..?" Jackson looked down at Yvonne who was giving him a sad smile.

"I want to be able and get the closure on this, with you, with them," Yvonne spoke, placing her hand once again on her bump. "Please?"

"Why would you say please? I'm your person remember? I'd do anything for you, so let's go." Jackson held out his hand to her.

A tear slid down Yvonne's cheek as she let out a small laugh, nodding her head as she grabbed his hand.

"Okay then, one sec." Yvonne opened the trunk grabbing the small bouquet of white roses. "Now we can go."

Taking once again hold of his hand Yvonne started to walk onto the cemetery, trying to blink away the tears that started to show themselves in her eyes.

Coming to a halt in front of a white stone, Yvonne knelt placing the white roses onto it, and wiping her nose.

"I Uhm- I'm so sorry, I am." Nodding her head, getting up as she was on the edge of breaking, tears rolling down her cheeks. "But I'm too late for saying that to you now."

"Hey, it's okay, come here." Jackson lay his head on hers, wrapping her arms around her as she started shaking with sobs and sadness.  "Let it all out, I'm here."

Sobs that were filled with unfinished grief and pain. The grief needed to be released from her heart. Words she still wanted to say.

"I'm so sorry," Yvonne whispered, looking at the white stone, tears covering her wet cheeks. " I just need to let you go for a little bit, for the better."

Yvonne readjusted the necklace around her neck, placing the small bell on her bump, and sighing softly.

"Do you want to leave?"

Yvonne shook her head as she was still staring at the white stone, thinking about how different things could have been.

A happy past, a daughter, no secrets hidden from her sisters or friends, no worries, just a normal life.

"Now we can go," Yvonne spoke, dropping the car keys in Jackson's hand as she knew she couldn't drive herself. "I got closure, thank you."

Turning around Yvonne started to walk away from the cemetery, leaning with her back against the car, she crossed her arms, looking at other people that were coming to see their passed loved ones.

"I'm grateful for you, I'm happy with you, I'm stronger with you, I'm able to breathe again because of you, I always smile because of you, I see my worth because of you, I'm proud of myself because of you. I'm happy with who I am because of YOU, everything is because of you, and everything has meaning because of you, so thank you. Thank you for not leaving me." Yvonne raddled as she heard a small sound that sounded like a bell through her ears.

Eyes wide open and a space between her lips, she let out a shocked smile, placing her hand on the side of her bump, and staring up at Jackson.

"D-did you f-feel that?" She waited for another confirmation of the life that was living inside of her, and she did as she felt another kick on her hand.

Taking hold of Jackson's hand she placed it in the same spot as she placed her's until the new life decided to give another kick.

Yvonne placed her hand in front of her mouth, wrapping her arms around Jackson's neck, smiling with teary eyes.

"You can have the worst crap
in the world happen to you
and you can get over it.
All you gotta do is survive."
-Alex Karev