〘034〙

"Derek, is this the best you can do?" Lexie asked

"What's wrong with my balloon?" Derek frowned.

Lexie shook her head and grabbed the balloon away from his hand before she placed a new one in it.

Mark stepped down the small ladder and helped Lexie to tie the balloon to the long white ribbon that was already quite full of balloons.

"Not to brag, Shepherd, but don't you have more air in those lungs?" Mark joked.

"Not to start a fight, Sloan, but did you remember when you screwed my ex-wife?" Derek shot back, handing over the balloon.

"Fair enough," Mark answered.

Lexie took the box with blue and pink garlands, dropping it in Derek's hands with a small smile.

"Why are you dropping the box in my hands?" Derek questioned.

Lexie sighed. "Because you'll put them up, of course."

"Yeah, Derek, of course, you will," Mark repeated, hanging up the long ribbon with balloons.

Derek opened his mouth to protest but quickly closed his mouth again, slightly glaring at Mark who was smirking.

"You two are acting like kids." Lexie chuckled.

"I'm offended," Mark spoke, hanging up the ribbon with balloons.

"As you should be," Derek muttered as he grabbed a pink garland and got on the ladder.

"No, Alex, you don't."

The door opened and Meredith walked in with another box in her hands and Alex behind her.

"Why not? I'd be great at it." Alex pouted.

"You'll ruin it," Meredith answered.

Placing the box on the counter, Meredith noticed the three people glancing at her and Alex.

"In that box is the perfect decorated cake, for my perfect sister, who's carrying my perfect nephew or niece, no you can't take a look at the cake yet," Meredith explained.

Alex rolled his eyes, looking at the box with an almost longing look.

"Okay...so what if—"