〘035〙

"You know we can help you, right?" Mark asked as he leaned against the wall with a beer

Yvonne was standing on a small ladder, attempting to hang up the long peach-colored curtains.

"I almost got it!" Yvonne groaned, throwing the curtain on the ground in frustration, slowly getting down the ladder. "Evil Spawn, could you?"

"It's been forever since you called me that, but I got you, Little Eve." Alex grabbed the curtain and got on the small ladder.

"You should be happy I let you in, the nursery was something Jackson wanted to do," Yvonne spoke, watching Alex hang up the curtain.

"Avery loves me, I love him, stop worrying, Eve." Mark shrugged, putting away the bottle and handing the second curtain to Alex.

"I'm not worried? I just have a huge nesting urge." She denied, cradling the round bump.

Alex got down from the small ladder, pulling the curtains close. "How is that a bad thing?"

"I'm only 28 weeks pregnant? most women have it in their last month." Yvonne ran a hand through her hair, walking towards the white crib.  "This also needs its spot."

"Uh-huh, do you already have one in your head?" Mark questioned.

"And don't say you'll help because that ain't happening." Alex chuckled, strolling over towards the crib as well.

"Why do you look into my thoughts? But the left corner at the window." Yvonne showed a hint of a smile on her lips, loving the moment with her friends.

Carrying the crib towards the corner, Alex and Mark dropped it in the exact place that she wanted it to be.

"oh my– yeah, that's perfect." The blonde-haired woman nodded her head, a big smile covering her lips.

"Also there's a huge M in that closet, an initial of the name?" Alex wiggled his eyebrows at his friend. "Miranda II, Meredith II?"

"Or your middle name? Melody II? Would clarify your secret talent which is piano?" Mark slightly laughed, noticing Alex laughing too.

"You two are thinking I'll say anything about her name?" Yvonne frowned as she grabbed the rocker and handed it over to Alex. "Because I won't until she's born and laying on my chest."

"You can leave that next to the crib on the left side, Alex," Yvonne instructed when handing the baby monitor over to Mark.

"I don't need instructions, I know where it belongs, Grey," Mark answered, placing it on the night table away from the crib.