〘010〙

"Why would I say it?" Closing the door of the room Yvonne glared at Jackson that was sitting down on a bed

"Why would I say it?" Closing the door of the room Yvonne glared at Jackson that was sitting down on a bed. "Why do you think  I'm willing to share my story with you?"

"Because I want to be there for you?" Asked Jackson, looking at Yvonne her angry face. "I- I want to be there for you?"

"You have no idea what I went through." She rubbed her hands together, seeing him look at the ground. "I don't wanna do this right now."

He sighed with pursed his lips looking down at the girl that was slightly red on her face. "At least let me listen to you"

"Don't expect me to tell you this twice." Yvonne bit the inside of her cheek as she threw her lab coat on the chair. "It stays between these four walls."

"That's what I was planning on." he nodded his head. "I just want to know why you have those huge guards up."

"Okay." Answered Yvonne glancing down at her hands in nervousness. "Sounds fair."

"We have all the time." He comforted her, rubbing her arm while her hands were slightly shaking. "I'm here."

"So three years ago I had a daughter" she pinched the bridge of her nose scared of his reaction. "That's the first thing."

"Wait-?" Jackson frowned a small space between his lips, squinting at Yvonne that was staring down at her hands. "You were pregnant three years ago?"

"Yeah, I was." She walked towards the bed and sat down, facing the door. "She wasn't planned but I loved her."

"A girl?"

Yvonne swallowed her tears as she nodded her head at Jackson his question, knowing she had to be honest with him.

And also knowing that he would never lie to her as well.

"Merrigan Lee Grey, I tried to name her after Meredith." Yvonne undid her ponytail and shook out her hair. "But she didn't survive."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry Eve." Jackson sat down next to Yvonne, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Just let me continue" She sighed, and the woman took in a sharp breath. "She had oligohydramnios, her lungs weren't ripe enough."

Yvonne sniffed her nose as tears fell down her cheeks. Jackson held out his arms and Yvonne wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head against his chest.

"I left Seattle and moved to Paris for a year." She mumbled in his chest, tears spilling on his scrub shirt. "I needed some time alone after losing her."

"To grieve" Questioned Jackson, rubbing her back as her sobs slowed down.

"That as well, but there's something else." Yvonne shook her head sitting up straight. "I-I got assaulted."

"Wait what?" he stiffened, not believing what she just told him. 

"I couldn't stop him." she rose from her seat as she noticed Jackson's teary eyes. 

"You're not supposed to get emotional, Avery, I am."

"You were the first person that accepted me for who I am here." He confirmed getting up as well. "And I don't even know how to react right now."

"I'll always accept you for who you are." She walked up to Jackson and wiped away the tear as she smiled softly. "But just let me continue."

"Yeah, I'm sorry." He nodded and adjusted his coat. "Go on."

"So like I said I moved to Paris for a year because I needed some alone time?" She cocked her head to the side as Jackson nodded in agreement.

"Well, I wasn't myself back then. I used to go out until in the morning, not knowing where I was gonna end up, I would drink all the time, or even worse I would use drugs."

She saw Jackson raise his eyebrows, shocked that she was capable of that he never saw her as a person that would do such things.

"But I'm clean for 2 and a half years now." she ran her hand through her hair as Jackson just nodded. "And about the raping, I'm scared to be intimate with lovers, at least with people who can't wait for me until I'm ready to do so."

"Just know that I'm always here." he bumped Yvonne's shoulder as she chuckled at his action. "Don't laugh I'm serious."

"Okay, okay noted." She put her hands on her hips looking at the man in front of her. "I told you my past, even though I hope you won't look at me any different?"

Jackson shrugged, looking into Yvonne her green eyes as she sucked in a deep breath. "Why would I?"

"You wouldn't be the first." She walked towards the door but then remembered it was locked. "Can you unlock the door, please?"

"Now?"

"No next century, yes now?" She threw her hands in the air before pouting at Jackson. "Just open the door, I told you what you wanted to know?"

"Okay but before you leave." He walked closer cornering her against the door.

Yvonne her breathing quickened as Jackson put his hands on both sides of the door.

"Jackson, I can't do this." Yvonne shook her head removing his hand from the door as she rubbed her face in frustration and desire at the same time. "And neither can you."

And with that, she unlocked the door and made her way to the next surgery.