〘001〙

Things were going to transform; for sure, every surgeon and nurse knew this but the younger Grey sister tried her best not to think about it, the feeling of change and a new chapter in this hospital still felt too soon

Even though she didn't mind.

After George had passed away, Yvonne needed some new people around her trying to stop mourning, or thinking about the way George squeezed her hand, but deep inside knowing that wouldn't happen.

She'd still think about it.

To get over the point that she lost one of her best friends. George was there from the beginning, He was always there.

Sometimes, he was the innocent guy but protective when Yvonne had a bad day and wanted to know who put her in that mood.

In the end, the only things that kept Yvonne Grey strong were her sisters and friends.

When she was around them she instantly felt incredibly secure and most importantly adored. She knew that as long they were around nothing bad would happen to her.

Love is something Yvonne always thought she had, but not one person meant it when they said 'i love you.'

She didn't even know how it felt to be in a relationship where someone loved her, without hurting her.

Psychically or emotionally.

Sitting on a white chair next to Meredith her hospital bed her arms leaning on the bed as her blond-haired head rested on them, peacefully sleeping.

Meredith was still sleeping from the liver transplantation she went through although the younger sister wasn't going to miss the moment when Meredith would open her eyes and tell her how she felt.

Yvonne felt someone softly gripping her hand, fingers intertwined and caressing her thumb, she opened her green eyes adjusting to the light in the hospital room, and saw the oldest sister faintly smiling down at her.

"How long have you been here?" Meredith was searching for a comfortable position on the bed. "Little bit of help?"

"Sure, take it easy." Yvonne got up from her chair before letting Meredith take her hands for some support as Meredith pushed herself into a sitting position on her bed.

"Thank you, How long have you been snoring next to my hospital bed?"

"We Grey's don't snore." Smiling at her sister, Yvonne clipped her pager back on her scrub pants before putting her blonde hair in a high ponytail. "I just wanted to know if you had any pain when you'd be awake."