〘039〙

Loud cries sounded through the hospital room, making Yvonne stand up, and strolling over to the small crib

"Sshh, I got you, it's okay, come here." Yvonne cooed, picking up the small girl, grabbing a pillow, and walking towards the chair.  "Look at you."

Yvonne supported her daughter's head, narrowing her breast with one hand before the newborn started making suckling sounds.

"You're one special thing, do you know that?" Staring down at the small human, Yvonne smiled. "I'll remind you, over and over and over again."

"Do you know why I can't stop staring at you?" Yvonne ran her finger over the small girl's cheek. "Because I'm so glad you're okay."

"Auntie Lexie and uh- and Uncle Mark? They're gonna be obsessed with you." Yvonne chuckled, holding the small girl's baby foot in her hand. "Who wouldn't be obsessed with a face like yours, huh?"

"Although your dad has been doing all the fun stuff with you, putting you to sleep, bathing you, dressing you.." Yvonne stared down at the girl that tried to keep her eyes open. "We're gonna have lots of girl's nights, trust me."

Unlatching the girl, Yvonne placed a bib on her shoulder before she raised Marley to her shoulder, rubbing her back.

"Eve is she-" Alex stopped his words when he noticed the small girl laying her head down on Yvonne's shoulder. "She's awake."

"She always wakes up when she's hungry doesn't she?" Yvonne cooed, rubbing her daughter's head. "Can you take her for a minute, I want to fold those clothes for tomorrow when we're leaving."

"You don't have to ask twice, come here." Alex smiled as he slowly took the newborn out of Yvonne's hands. "Here you are, couldn't wait to get out of there, huh."

Alex stared down at the small creature in his hands before the girl's lips turned into an unaware smile. "Did you just smile at me?"

Yvonne snorted, folding the clothes that were laying on the windowsill, and looking at Alex. "You're the lucky one, I guess, uncle Alex."

"Do you know when everyone comes back, nobody would say anything to me?" Yvonne frowned at her friend, placing the clothes into the bag. "Alex?"

Alex halted in his actions, frowning at Yvonne as well before he sat down still holding the small girl. "Soon, anytime actually, we're all waiting I guess.."

"I hope so, I can't wait to see Mark his reaction to the fact she's already here." The blonde chuckled, walking up to her daughter. "And Lexie's, that one will be even more superior."

A small sound was sounded through the room making Yvonne raise her eyes to Alex. "Was that the noise we were waiting for?"

"If you mean a burp and a small amount of puke, then yeah, it was," Alex muttered, handing the girl back over to Yvonne. "I'm gonna change this shirt."

"Well, at least we got the burp." Yvonne took the girl out of his arms, walking towards the bed, looking down at the small miracle with a smile. "Yes, we did."

"Hey, Yvonne, Arizona and I have already-" Callie's words were cut short as she noticed Yvonne laying the newborn back into the crib. "Oh shoot, I can come back?"

"No, no, come in." Yvonne waved the black-haired woman in.

"You still can't believe she's real, can you?" Callie walked over to the crib, staring down at the small girl. "You better believe it, the blonde hair, the blue orbs, it's all in there."

"It feels surreal, hearing her cry, holding her, comforting her, it feels like a dream." Yvonne kept her eyes on her daughter, smiling. "But it's not, I'm a mom, I'm her mom."

Callie slightly laughed, placing a hand on Yvonne's shoulder. "You are, you're a mom, I feel like my job is done here."

"Ha-ha, I just wished Mer or any of the others were here with me, or at least called, to say they're okay, I'm worried, Calliope."  The blonde female, fiddled with her fingers, looking up at the black-haired surgeon. "Seriously worried.."

"They're okay, they need to be, they should be arriving soon, I gotta go though." Callie awkwardly coughed, pointing to the door behind her as if she knew more than there was.

"We'll just have to wait won't we?" Yvonne sighed, staring at the newborn that was looking at the ceiling in the see-through crib. "We most definitely have to wait."

Placing her finger in Marley's hand, the girl wrapped her tiny hand around her mom's finger.

"I should've known that Braxton hicks meant early labor, I should've stayed here instead of going to Boston," Catherine mumbled, standing on the window from Yvonne's room, talking to Jackson. "You should've stopped me."

"You've just missed three days of your granddaughter's life, you're good." Jackson turned his head, noticing Yvonne laughing at Marley's face. "So, you're just gonna keep blaming yourself, or are you finally going to get in there and meet her?"

Catherine raised an eyebrow at her son, shoving past him, meeting Yvonne's eyes before a smile showed up on her face. "Come here, you."

Catherine walked up to the blonde, holding her in an embrace before whispering something in her ear. "Thank you for keeping him sane."

Pulling back Yvonne shrugged her arms at the woman, looking at Jackson. "So does he."

Catherine chuckled before her eyes fell on the see-through crib, noticing a swaddled bundle that was slightly falling asleep. "Oh, my-, can I?"

Yvonne nodded, knowing Catherina wouldn't be able to hold back from holding her granddaughter anyway.

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes, yeah, you are, you're perfect?" Catherine whispered, staring at Jackson who was already smiling. "What's her name?"

"Marley Melody O'Malley Grey-Avery, quite a mouthful." Yvonne smiled.

"Marley...it's perfect, she's perfect.." Catherine whispered.