〘008〙

The blond woman lay under the warm blankets in a deep sleep, before a small layer of sweat appeared on her forehead

But also her heart started to beat faster.

FLASHBACK

Seated on a dark gray chair, Yvonne stared at Arizona.

  A desk covered in medical charts and documents.

Yvonne folded her hands together as the blonde female looked at her. "This is your first consultation, isn't it?" Arizona asked, smiling at her.

Yvonne nodded and rubbed her belly, which was now slightly visible. "You can lay down on the examination table." Confirmed Arizona pointing at the blue-coated examination table next to the ultrasound device.

Yvonne got up from her chair and walked to the requested place, with a slightly beating heart and sweating hands.

She took a place next to Yvonne on a small stool in front of the ultrasound device seeing the slightly scared look on Yvonne's face, hoping that nothing would be wrong although she didn't want to be in this position in the first place.

"No need to be scared believe me having a baby is the most wonderful thing in the world." Comforted Arizona, winking at Yvonne before starting up the device. "It has to be."

"I know, it should be.." Joked Yvonne, uncovering her belly before looking at the black screen.

"It is, let 's take a look." Smiled Arizona, lubricating gel on Yvonne her belly.

"I'm seeing a sign of.." Blurted Arizona, looking at Yvonne with wide eyes and a small space between her lips. "oligohydramnios"

Yvonne her eyes stopped looking at the screen and started shaking her head repeatedly feeling shocked and scared knowing what this meant, this meant the death of her baby.

"N-No Arizona please tell me you are lying?" Begged Yvonne, wiping away the tears that fell down her cheeks. "Take another look you're wrong I know you're wrong ."

"There is very little amniotic fluid at the moment, so the lungs of the fetus are not ripe enough, which we also call lung hypoplasia, so the baby will have almost 10% or no chance of survival." Sympathized Arizona pulled the girl in her arms, before kissing the top of her head.

Yvonne sat up straight, trying to catch her breath as she saw Meredith crossing her arms while frowning at her sister with a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay, that looked like a big nightmare huh?" Exclaimed Meredith, leaning against the door frame. "Want me to get you some water?"

Yvonne rubbed her forehead and got up from the bed as she threw the covers off her body.

"I'm fine don't worry about me, Mer." Confirmed Yvonne, putting her hands on her hips while she was only covered in a red bra and blue shorts. "What is that look for?"

"While you were dreaming you placed your hand on your stomach." Meredith trailed off putting her hair in a high ponytail. "What was the dream about?"

"Nothing special." Frowned Yvonne, biting her bottom lip.

"Maybe it is, maybe it isn't." Challenged Meredith.

Yvonne knew that Meredith wasn't stupid and that she would have to tell Meredith about her past one moment but she never found the right time and now it wasn't the right timing at all.

"You don't believe me?" Gaped Yvonne, putting her hand on her heart as they both laughed. "Wow."

"Sure I do but I'm just worried that's what big sisters are supposed to do right?" Asked Meredith, opening Yvonne her curtains.

"Right."

Yvonne took her pair of red sneakers before sitting down on her bed. "I'm not going to work today in case you didn't know, don't wait for me."

Meredith turned around and raised an eyebrow. "No, I didn't know actually.."

"Well, you know now." Noted Yvonne, opening her phone and seeing 3 missed calls from Jackson.

She just threw her phone on her bed, not knowing if she would call back or not. He probably wanted to talk about her hard past or that avoiding drama.

"Something wrong?" Asked Meredith, taking Yvonne her phone. "It's him?"

Yvonne snatched her phone back before putting it under her pillow, glaring at Meredith before shrugging her shoulders.

"No, of course, it's not." Huffed Yvonne, laying back on her bed and looking up at the ceiling and a head filled with thoughts. "I'm too innocent, too stupid and I let my feelings get in the way."

"If it is about Jackson you know I'm here right?" Stated Meredith, patting Yvonne's hand. "And so is Lexie?"

"And what if it's about wanting to give someone a chance to love you?" Questioned Yvonne sitting up before looking Meredith in her eyes. "And muting every little thing that haunts you?"

"So you want to give it a chance?" Smirked Meredith wiggling her eyebrows. "Because I'd support you."

"Meredith please..." Muttered Yvonne, rubbing her temples feeling slightly embarrassed. "You're not helping me."

"Okay sorry, maybe you should just tell him how you feel about him and be honest with yourself either this will ruin everything or it will be the start of something beautiful. You always wanted a true love story, Yvonne, take your chance." Declared Meredith before walking out of her room and leaving the younger sister alone in her thoughts.