〘025〙

Yvonne, Yvonne Melody Grey

Yvonne, Yvonne Melody Grey. The woman who was battling in the darkest times of her life a few years ago.

The years were filled with grief and fears that had taken over her body, her thoughts, and her heart.

But also fears that she would be able to give a place. Somewhere in the distance, just to make sure they wouldn't be able to chase her when she was finally happy.

Happy with herself and with everything around her.

Happy with someone who would search for every little piece that had broken her and who would become her healer. In the moments when the lights go turn off out and the darkness would take her.

"Talk to Meredith, then the ultrasound and after that go home, I know." Yvonne nodded, as her hand was intertwined with Jackson's while they walked towards the hospital's entrance.

"We can do this, I know we can. You'll see." Smiling at her, he pushed open the doors to see a Mark Sloan walking towards them. "Don't say it, please don't say it."

The grey-haired surgeon stood in front of the couple before he decided to speak up. "Boyfriend think you're up to release your girlfriend's hand for surgery?"

"Boyfriend?" Yvonne snorted as she observed the plastic surgeon in front of her who was now grinning to himself. "That's how you secretly call him?"

"Not very secretly since I call him that in front of you, his girlfriend." Mark shrugged jokingly before placing the chart he was holding on Jackson's chest.

"Since you need to talk with Meredith, I'll scrub in on this," Jackson spoke up whilst he gave the chart back to Mark. "I'll be there soon."

"Soon as in now?" Mark squinted his eyes at the blue-eyed man in front of him.

"Soon as in I wanna kiss my girlfriend before I leave?" Jackson gave Mark a glance like it was obvious what he was trying to do.

"Sure do your thing, but not the thing I do in here all the time." Mark lectured before he turned around and walked towards the O.R.

Yvonne let out a laugh when watching the man in the distance, knowing that he would protect her with his own life and that he would be there for her even 10 years from now.

Him being the best uncle for this baby. He walked her down the aisle on the happiest day of her life.

Those were the biggest things she thought about him. And she wanted him to be.