〘020〙

Both hands placed on the railing of the hospital bed, Christina Yang disappeared in thoughts and nerves in hope that she did her job the right way

Both hands placed on the railing of the hospital bed, Christina Yang disappeared in thoughts and nerves in hope that she did her job the right way. "Halloween is over."

Taking a hold of both of the curtains the Asian woman pulled them apart and sunlight met her eyes together with warmth. "You know...I know you can't hear me but I just want you to know that– that you're my person too and I need you to wake up."

Turning away from the window the cardio surgeon saw Mark Sloan strolling into the room with his eyes on a chart.

"Occupied," Christina muttered just as she changed the IV bag. "Have a good day Dr. Sloan."

Mark sighed and walked towards the monitor next to Yvonne's bed, ignoring the frustrated surgeon next to him. "I care for her just as much as you do, Yang."

"That's why I'm here since 2 AM, talking to her in the hope she hears me or that she tries to wiggle one single finger or one single toe? Hmm? I wanted to take that bullet out myself because I know that this woman is stronger than anybody here. She can kick ass just like me. She's the type of girl that has the dream of– of being a wife...a mom. And I'll be there the whole damn way." Christina rambled when pointing her finger at Yvonne who was laying in what looked like deep sleep. "I'm getting lunch if she moves anything. you page me."

.

"You're being too hard on Mark," Meredith explained, shaking her head at Christina's exaggeration. "He's worried just like all of us."

Christina let out a small sarcastic snort, pointing at Alex who was comfortably eating his fries. "He's not."

Alex dropped his fries and threw a glare at Christina in anger and confusion. "You know what Yang? I'm an ass I know that. But don't you ever doubt my friendship with Yvonne. That's the last thing you argue about."

Christina held her hands up in surrender before Meredith pushed her hands down. "Just making sure."

"Screw making sure, Yang," Alex replied before taking his bottle of water and exiting the cafeteria but the Cardio surgeon stopped him before he could walk any further down the hallway.

"I'm sorry." Christina sighed, fiddling with her fingers while Alex was growing at the Asian female nervous acting. "I know that Yvonne is one of the things you protect with your life. And so do I because before I even dared to take a hold of that scalpel, ready to save her I had to give myself a pep talk, Because I wasn't going to let Yvonne down or Meredith, and for god's sake, not Pretty boy who's holding his heart in his hands for her."

Alex opened his water bottle and took a long sip, giving Christina a dead stare. "You know in the beginning I hated Avery and I wanted to punch his face all the time I still do? But he makes her happy? And I haven't seen her happy in ages."

As Christina gave her friend an understanding smile, the pediatric surgeon turned around and walked over to the elevator.

"Doctor Yang?"

Spinning around she was met by the person whose nickname name was just mentioned in her conversation with Alex.

"You can call me Cardio God but okay? What do you need?" Christina mumbled, adjusting her coat.

"I was doing some research and I've found out that Tapentadol and Fentanyl are pain relievers?" Jackson rambled, noticing Christina's confused face. "Is that true?"

"Well yeah, they are, but why, out of nowhere are you asking me this?" The cardio surgeon wondered, crossing her arms as they started walking through the hallway.

"Well Yvonne hasn't moved anything and she's in a slightly deep coma which means that maybe if there's any pain reliever, the muscles will relax and give her more strength to move anything?" Jackson blurted in one breath which made Christina come to a halt.

"Wait what?" Christina asked.

"We need her to wake up, me, April, you, and her sisters."

"Do you know the risk, Avery? The heart is one muscle. If that relaxes so does her heartbeat but then slow, too slow to stay alive." Christina informed, "We'll see what a small dose will do?"

"So you'll do it?"

"I said that we'll do it because if Webber comes for my ass then he'll have yours too," Christina mumbled, strolling towards the supply closet. "I'm not going to get my ass kicked alone."

Christina opened the door before pressing the light that gave both of the doctors a view of the medication.

"This better be worth it, pretty boy," Christina mumbled just as Jackson saluted the cardio surgeon, knowing she was one of the smartest surgeons to ask for help.

"Can we just find the medicine?" Jackson blurted, scratching the back of his head.

"Thank you doctor Yang, You're amazing doctor Yang, I honor you doctor Yang," Christina spoke with a deadpanned face. "But it's okay Avery you'll honor me someday, what did we need Tapendatol and Fentanyl right?"

Christina started searching on the racks with attention and concentration, searching for the two names of the medication that were supposed to wake her friend up just as she heard an awkward cough.

"What's it, Avery?" Christina sighed, giving the man a raise of her eyebrow.

"Maybe you should search alphabetically?" Jackson mentioned pointing at the bottom of the racks where small black letters were written in alphabetical order. "Just trying to help."

"Ohh..." Christina snorted pointing at the bottom of the racks and then to the letters. "I knew that."

Jackson felt a smirk placing itself on his lips but quickly enough to hide.

Getting up from crouching Christina placed the two bottles into Jackson's hand. "Being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things but Yvonne makes it work every time over and over again, she doesn't know her worth, Avery."

Jackson smiled and nodded when Christina patted his shoulder before walking out leaving him alone with a hand filled with medication.

Getting out of the room he strolled over to Yvonne's room, noticing she hadn't moved since the last time he checked up on her.

Taking the IV between two fingers, the meds were dripping onto the opening, into Yvonne's blood, and her heart.

Caressing her cheek he had a sad smile covering his face before kissing her forehead he started to understand

that...
Everything now
was depending on...

HOPE