〘027〙

"A Lobectomy? Mer, cancer has already covered his whole left lung

"A Lobectomy? Mer, cancer has already covered his whole left lung." Yvonne spoke up as her eyes were focused on the papers she was reading. "It makes no sense?"

Meredith took the papers out of her sister's hands, coming to a halt in the hallway. "Hey, you were the one who said 'Hey Meredith, let me see the chart, Jackson won't let me out of his sight, help me I didn't say that."

"I didn't know it was about a full spreading cancer?" Yvonne replied, grabbing the papers once more, and starting to walk again. "There's not much hope, but we can try I guess."

"He's 24, Eve, we need to at least try to save him." Meredith pressed, walking by her sister's side with a coffee in her hand. "His girlfriend is pregnant, just saying."

"What do you mean by that?" Yvonne frowned, letting her arms fall by her side, papers still in her hand.

"What if it was Jackson? Having this kind of diagnosis. Would you consider giving up this soon?" Meredith questioned, knowing this was a fragile question to ask Yvonne. Yet she did. 

"I- why are you asking me that? You can't put me in that position, Meredith?" The younger Grey snapped, shoving the papers on Meredith's chest before storming off.

"Someone pissed in her cereal?" Alex snorted, standing behind Meredith as he was filling in a chart. "She looked a tiny bit pissed."

Meredith sighed, leaning her back against the desk, and crossing her arms. "I asked her what she would do if Jackson had a big diagnosis."

Alex hmm'ed as he handed his chart to a nurse, placing his focus back on Meredith. "What was the diagnosis?"

"She's overreacting, but the diagnosis was cancer," Meredith explained, shrugging her shoulders. "It was just a 'what if' question?"

"Mer, you know how she reacts to such a thing, she's an emotional person and she'll be hormonal for the next 6 months?" Alex spoke, leaning against the desk with his back as well.

"I know but still." Meredith sighed, walking away in search of surgery or anything else to do. Then worry about a fight that meant nothing.

While somewhere else there was something else going on.

"Not the 'X' but the 'W', Arizona" Callie mumbled as she pointed at the letter on the keyboard. "The date was 15 August 2015."

"I can't believe we are searching for a rapist behind Yvonne's and Meredith's backs, this is too wrong Calliope." Arizona rambled as her fingers pressed the fragile numbers.