No Bad Luck ||13||

It was 10 in the night when I heard the door of Karthik's room open and slam shut, from my room.

He's home.

I had spent the whole day alone, sulking in my room. Not anymore. If I sulk at night, I'd make sure that he wouldn't sleep very peacefully, too!

Not giving him any time to freshen up, I went in front of his door and knocked.

Waiting for him to open, I prepared myself for what seemed like one of the most important conversations of my life! Not only I had to teach him a lesson, but also, I had to make things clear for myself. Where I stood, and where I could get.

The door opened after some time, and my eyes met with Karthik's chest. I forget sometimes that how short I am in front of him. Quickly bending my head a little back, I looked up into his eyes.

Cold.

He was looking down at me with the intensity that made me dizzy for a second. But my senses knocked in as soon as the faint smell of cigarettes filled my nostrils.

Momentarily taking my eyes off him, I looked inside his room from over his shoulder, and then back at him.

"You were smoking?" I asked.

He sighed and looked away.

"What do you want?" he asked straight, in a low voice. He really seemed tired.

Denying the urge to scoff, I just satisfied my subconscious with rolling my eyes.

Did he really not know that what it was that I might want from him?! After kissing another woman in front of me, was he really thinking that he wouldn't have to face the consequences?

"We need to talk" I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Not now, Mira" he said uninterested, taking a step back, his hand reaching for the Knob of the door to close it but I quickly held his hand.

"Has to be now!" I looked directly into his eyes, without any fear or hesitation.

He looked at my hand on his, and then back into my eyes. The look in his cold, brown eyes, told me that he didn't like my action at all.

Hah! The other woman was allowed to kiss him and I wasn't even allowed to touch his hand?!

I felt the anger boil up inside me at the thought.

"Can't be now" He said coldly and shrugged my hand off him.

The scene from morning again started filling up my mind and my eyes automatically shifted to his lips. 

M.

Madison.

I wondered what would he do if I had kissed him instead!

"Mira" he called my name, bringing me out of my weird thoughts.

I quickly averted my eyes from his lips.

"I said we can't talk right now" He told me again.

Silence.

After sensing that I wasn't going to say anything else, he turned again to close his door. I couldn't quite understand the reason behind my lack of response, but I just stood there looking at him, silently.

Say something!

.

.

.

"Who's M?" I asked abruptly, placing my hand on the door this time so he couldn't close it. But as soon as those words escaped my mouth, Karthik's whole body tensed. He was rigid, jaw clenched.