It's a Yes ||4||

"Yes" I mumbled and all the eyes shifted to me. 

I looked at Karthik in the rear view mirror, his hazel eyes were already fixed on me.

"Yes. I am ready for this marriage" I said, loud and clear this time, never taking my eyes off him.

I know what I am doing. If my mother wanted me to get married to Karthik, then I'll let it happen. I trust her. She'd always want the best for me!

"Are you sure, beta?" Aunty asked from beside me. 

I took my eyes off Karthik and looked at her concerned face. I smiled a little and replied.

"Yes, I am sure Aunty"

"Mira, I don't want you to take this decision in a hurry. Think about it, and then decide. We'll talk about it later, okay?" Aunty said.

"Your Aunty is right, Mira. Take your time. It's not a small decision" Uncle said while turning back to look at me.

They care so much!

"Okay, I'll think about it. But I don't think I will change my decision" I said smiling.

*****

It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep! I twisted and turned to get my body in a comfortable position but nothing helped.

Feeling anxious, I got down the bed and walked towards the window of my room. It's a full moon today! The silver moonlight was scattered everywhere. The moon looked merry. And everything that looks merry, looks beautiful! So beautiful!

I was admiring the sight in front of my when I spotted him, sitting on the swing in the lawn.

He also does not sleep early in the night?!

Karthik is difficult to understand. Actually, he doesn't let anyone understand him! He's just so into himself, it feels like he doesn't even need anyone.

But I want to understand him. 

I got out of my room and descended the stairs to get to the lawn. He was sitting on the swing with his eyes closed, his hands were folded behind his head and he was facing the sky. Moonlight making his features look sharper and his skin, glow.

He's such a handsome man!

I shook my head and took a few steps towards him. The crooning chirp of insects and the mild sound of rustling of leaves stirred the silence.

Standing in front of him, I cleared my throat to grab his attention. He slowly opened his eyes, unfolding his hands. His eyes met mine.

"Hey" I chipped slowly, smiling at him.

He didn't reply but kept looking at me.

Was he sleeping?

"May I?" I pointed to the free space beside him on the swing.

Sighing, he picked up his phone from beside him, making some space for me.

"Thank you" I chirped, sitting. 

It was the first time I was sitting so close to him. Maybe I've had in childhood but, sitting close to him now felt different. Very different! 

"Karthik" I took his name and he looked into my direction. The swing wasn't very big. Our faces were at a safe distance, but not very far.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. 

He hummed nodding his head, not breaking the eye contact.

Okay. I am not a person who his very fond of eye contacts. But his gaze is hard to leave! It keeps my eyes engaged.

"Why did you say that you don't believe in marriages?" I questioned.

He stayed silent for few moments before answering.

"Because I don't"

"But, why?"

Looking away he said

"That's not important, Mira" He looked backed at me "But here's a thing I want to tell you. If I were you, I'd deny to this marriage in a heartbeat!" He said with his piercing gaze fixed on me.

"You wouldn't" I said.

"I would. Trust me on that!"

"You wouldn't because you don't know how it's like being me! And if you don't want this marriage, then why don't you deny?" I asked, confused

"Because I can't"

"Why?"

"It's not that simple. My life's complicated" He replied, sighing.

I rolled my eyes and let out a humorless chuckle. Looking at the moon I spoke.

"Well, My life's not that simple too"

I don't know what, but something in me wanted to run away from this place, away from him right now. So I did. I got up and walked directly towards my room. He didn't stop me either.

Standing at the window again, I looked at the moon.

He says he doesn't believe in marriage. Then why is he marrying me? Why does he think that it's easier for me to say no? When he knows that it's my mother's wish! Actually, I don't care whatever you say Mr. Karthik Ahuja! I just know that I will make you believe, in everything you don't, right now! Anyway, how long will you 'not believe' when you'll see a wife around you 24x7!

So, next day, I told  Kajal Aunty my final decision. I was getting married to Karthik!  

And everything after that happened in a heartbeat. The earliest date was fixed for the wedding, which was ten days later. Although, Karthik had extended his stay in India by a few days but still, things were to be done fast, as Aunty wanted us to stay with her for at least two weeks after marriage. Shopping, preparations, and everything that you can think of regarding marriage, followed suit. 

In that chaos, I found myself void. I was empty of any emotion. From outside, I tried to look happy and stay positive. But on the inside, I was deserted of any feelings. 

Is this how I should feel? Shouldn't I be happy? Being married Means I'll have a family! Someone to call mine! That's what I wanted, right? But marrying Karthik, will I be able to make him believe? Or I'll just be tied in a loveless marriage for the rest of my life?

*****

How's it?

Please comment and tell.

Thanks for reading!