That's how it hits! ||23||

"Karthik please stop! Please don't go!" Said the girl, her cheeks stained with tears, hair disheveled and voice broken.

She was holding Karthik's hand with all the strength left in her, adamant of stopping him, not letting him go.

"Just leave me!" Karthik yelled, twisting his hand and getting it free from her grip.

He started walking, taking long strides towards the main door to exit the house.

"Karthik! I said I am sorry! You can not go! I won't let you go!" The girl kept screaming, following Karthik. Her tears, unstoppable.

Without paying any heed to her, Karthik kept walking out of the house towards his car.

"You know you need me! You know you won't be happy if you if I'm not there!" The desperation in her voice was evident of how damn much she wanted to stop Karthik from leaving her.

Karthik opened the door of his car and was getting inside when she again held him by his arm.

"I told you to stay away from me! Don't you get it?" Karthik said, frustrated and angry.

"I won't leave you! Even if you leave me, I will always stay with you! You'll see" The girl said, with determination in her tear filled eyes. Her red dress flowing with the strong wind.

With that, she left his hand and stepped back, letting him get into his car and zoom off from there.

.

Mira's Point of View:

I need sex

Did he really say that?! I mean, how could he! Is this all he wants from me? To sleep with him!

I haven't been able to sleep because of it.

Never knew this was going through his twisted mind! And then he wants me to trust him.

God!

I turned agitatedly to look at the culprit who made this night sleepless for me.

But when I looked at him, he was not sleeping very peacefully too. There were creases on his forehead, his eyes were shut tightly and there was a look of helplessness on his face. Though I was angry, still I was worried for him! It looked like he was having a bad dream and I didn't want to leave him in that condition alone. Going closer to him, I shook him lightly by his shoulder

"Karthik" I called him

The sweat beads on his forehead were telling me that he was not OK, that he needed help.

"Karthik!" I called him again with a little more urgency this time.

He opened his eyes wide, shocked looking at me.

"Hey... it was just a bad dream! Are you okay?" I asked, concerned.

He looked around and relaxed a little. Lazily getting up, he sat on the edge of the bed.

Looking at me, over his shoulder he said, "I am fine. Thanks." And then went out of the room.

.

As I had expected, he had gone down to the lawn. I watched him from the balcony, he was standing, looking troubled. He had his one hand in his hair and the other tightly holding his phone.

Should I go down and check on him?

Maybe not.

He has been dealing with it all alone just fine. Now that I am here with him doesn't mean I need to interfere in it everytime.