The Shift ||20||

"Shift your stuff to my room" Karthik said.

"Why?!" I asked, confused and panicked.

"Mom and dad are coming tomorrow. It won't look good if they get to know that we... live like this"

"What? I Mean really?! I talked to Aunty in the morning, she didn't tell me anything"

"Yeah because they want to give you a surprise. Actually we organize an event every year in the office before the Christmas holidays begin. So, they're coming for it. And since we have to shift you to my room, I had to ruin your surprise. But, don't tell them that you knew. Act surprised when they come. Let's not ruin it for them at least." He said.

Kajal aunty and Pramod uncle are coming!

"Oh my God!" I beamed with happiness, "I am so happy that they're coming! We won't be alone here, Karthik! Yayy!!"

It was a little too late for me to realize before I already started doing my happy dance in front of Karthik. Stopping immediately, I looked at him.

A hint of passive smile on his face.

Clearing my throat, I regained my composure.

"Don't worry. I won't ruin it for them."

"Thanks. And Mira, this year's party will be grand. You'll get introduced to all our employees and associates. So be ready?" He told me.

Sounds scary!

And imperative.

"OK. When's the party?" I asked.

"Day after tomorrow"

And you're telling me now?

"Alright"

~*~

Shifting everything from my room to Karthik's, took me around an hour. After which, we had dinner and Karthik went to his room.

I was in the living room, watching some singing reality show on the TV. But my mind was somewhere else.

Whatever happened in the evening, when Mrunali came, was still running on my mind. And I am sure, on Karthik's, too.

And with that, the thing that Karthik and I will be living in the same room for next some days, was making me nervous. I mean... we had lived in the same room earlier, too. When we were in Delhi. But it was one and a half months ago. And I was again nervous to do it.

But the excitement of uncle and aunty coming, was more than anything else! I had been asking them to visit us since so long! Finally they're coming.

Karthik told me that they'll be here at around 3:30 in the morning. But since 'I am unaware' of them coming, so I'll be sleeping at that time and will meet them in the morning. And since it would be inconvenient to shift the room that late in the night, he told me to sleep in his room.

Switching off the Television, I went upstairs and knocked on his door, softly.

"Come"

Hesitantly, I went in and closed the door.

Karthik was standing by the window, looking outside. The window in his room was wide, almost covering one-third of the wall. And the view was mesmerizing! Night sky filled with stars, and greenery all around.

I walked up to him and stood there. I have been to his room many times. But I never paid attention to this amazing view!

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed.