Messy Much? ||16||

His blazing eyes, impassioned with anger, caught mine vehemently, and captured my mind to an extent that I couldn't think about anything else but us, in that moment. All the anger I had towards him vanished into thin air and a flurry of new feelings, which seemed more dangerous than the anger, filled me. I was slowly becoming aware of everything; his unhesitant touch on the back of my neck, his rough breaths hitting my nose and lips, his absolutely intoxicating and captivating cologne, his whole body which was firmly pressed against mine and the rapid movement of his chest due to his fastened breathing.

The look in his eyes warned me to escape from this situation as fast as I could. But something about it felt so raw and enticing that it invited me to stay there and let things unfold. 

"Never do this again" He said sternly, looking down at me, unwavering. His jaw clenched tightly and it looked like he was trying not to blast with anger. "Counter me for all you want, Mira. But never walk away when I am talking." The edge in his voice was hard to miss.

I gulped consciously, hearing what he said. And the way he took my name with so much aggression and passion, I felt a shiver run down my spine.

Danger, my senses told me. 

A part of me was ashamed about how I was feeling. Although Karthik was my husband and there was nothing wrong about being physically attracted towards him, but he was still a man I didn't know and I didn't particularly like. 

My gaze then unknowingly shifted from his eyes to his lips, maybe because of the movement they had exhibited when he was speaking. They were so close to mine! If I tilted my head a little up, our lips would have collided, just like our breaths were colliding. I shivered at the thought and my breath hitched to my throat. And that was when things got worse for me. Seemed like, never being close enough to a man and then suddenly being put in a situation like this wasn't going well with me. I felt my knees go weak and my legs shiver, and at that moment, I was thankful to Karthik, for the hold his hands were having on me.

"Mira?" I heard Karthik call my name. Confusion evident in his voice.

Oh shit!

I hurriedly tore my gaze away from his lips and looked into his eyes. He was already looking at me.

Has he... seen me look at his lips?

I then realized that I had gazed at his lips for bit too long. I gasped at the realization and my eyes widened.

Karthik slowly pulled away from me and stood a little far, creating space between us. His warmth left me and the cold air increased my shivering. I felt exposed, due to the embarrassment and the sudden exposure to cold.

The look on Karthik's face told me that he knew what was happening with me. I felt my whole face burning with embarrassment.

"Karthik I..." I tried to say anything to make the situation a little less awkward for myself, if that was possible. "I will not walk away" I spoke, remembering what he was talking about. "I will never walk away when you'll talk to me ever again!"

OK. 

I messed up.

Bad!

Karthik's expressions seemed to lighten a little and slowly changed to that of amusement. He cleared his throat before speaking,

"Good to hear that, Mira. I hope you stick by it."

Shoving his hands into his pockets, he lazily took two steps backwards, 

"And we aren't done talking yet. Take your time and come down" saying, he turned around to go downstairs, still carrying that amused expression on his face.