They Kissed ||12||

The next day, after waking up and taking a shower, I decided to go downstairs to get something to feed my grumbling stomach.

As I descended the stairs, I found Karthik sitting on the sofa in the living area, with a cup of coffee in his hand, all dressed in a light blue shirt and grey trousers. His formal blazer, matching to the trousers, was placed on the sofa, beside him.

"Good morning" I said as I reached near him.

He looked up from his laptop to acknowledge my presence.

"Morning" He said lowly.

"You going somewhere?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"To work" He told me after giving a slight nod.

OK.

"What time do you come back?" I asked again.

But this time, my question remained unanswered. He continued sipping his coffee and reading something on his laptop without bothering to answer my question.

Clearing my throat, I sat on the sofa in front of him and contemplated whether I should talk to him about everything I know, now or later. He seemed busy but, when was he not busy! He was always engrossed in his work, especially when he's around me. And I wanted answers! Everything was so complex and my curiosity was getting the best of me.

"Umm, Karthik" I called him, a bit hesitantly.

He looked at me, saying nothing.

"I have something to talk with you"

"Say"

"It might take some time" I told him. "Do you-" I was saying but got interrupted due to the doorbell ringing.

"I'll get it" I said abruptly and walked up to open the door, only to reveal the red-head I met yesterday, standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. She was wearing a yellow knee length dress, looking more gorgeous than before.

"So you really are his wife" She said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

Before I could open my mouth to say anything, she walked past me and only stopped once she was in front of Karthik. I closed the door and went to them. Karthik was still sitting on his seat and his eyes were fixed on the girl standing in front of him.

"I can't believe this!" She said with disbelief in her voice, looking between me and Karthik again and again. "I thought you don't... I thought you didn't wanna get married, Karthik!" She said throwing her hands up in the air in pure frustration and restlessness.

"Calm down, Madison" Karthik said, expressionless. His gaze was fixed on her alone.

"Calm down?!" she scoffed. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

I stood there immobile. The scene unfolding in front of me got me numbed. I looked at Karthik, who was still looking at Madison. I wondered if he even remembered that I, his wife, was also standing in the same room, seeing everything. And Madison, she looked troubled. I didn't know what was the scene like between them. But the one thing that I could sense was, Madison might have wanted to marry Karthik.

"You lied to me, Karthik. You're a liar!" she yelled.

Karthik sighed and got up from the sofa to stand in front of her.

Yesterday he said that she was no one important to him. And with everything that was happening in front of me right now, whatever he said, looked like a complete lie! I somewhere wanted to agree with Madison. He's indeed, a liar.