The Wedding Night ||5||

The sky was filled with millions of stars, all twinkling bright. They say that after dying, we become stars! It's childish to believe, but calming to think of as.

Mom, I did what you wanted! I hope you're happy now!

I smiled at the sky, wiping away the lone tear that left my eye, and walked away from the window towards the mirror. A woman in red stared back at me! A bride!

I raised my hand slowly, and touched my cheek. Is this really me?! The reality of my look scared me! Quickly taking a step back, I turned around. My heart beating fast. I am a married woman now! A wife!!

Am I ready to be a wife? I am just 23! Will I be able to play the part?

My mind got occupied with all these questions. I had been living on my own for quite a while now. Suddenly having a family scared me, as much as it excited me!

And Karthik, while getting married to him today, with each ritual, we're supposedly becoming more of each other's. But, it didn't feel any different. I mean, I tried to look at him as my husband! But he still appeared as unknown to me as he was a day before!

Well, what was I expecting? It was after all, an Arranged Marriage!

I sat on the edge of the bed, thinking about my life, when the door knob clicked open and Karthik entered.

My Husband!

My legs got a mind of their own as I was now on my feet. He paused for a second, looking at me but then turned around and closed the door.

The room was decorated with flowers and candles, indicating something which embarrassed me to no extent! The thought of it made me uncomfortable and I didn't know what to do next!

Karthik took a few steps and stood in front of me. His face looked indifferent. Everything around, didn't seem to affect him. He racked a lazy hand through his hair before folding his arms across his well built chest.

"Must be tired. Get changed and sleep" He said in a monotonous tone and dragged himself to the couch. He sat there and started doing something in his phone.

Sighing, I awkwardly moved to where my luggage was, and dug out a full length lower and a t-shirt. I usually wore sweatpants at night, but wearing them then, would have made everything a lot more uncomfortable for me!

I went to the washroom and took a quick shower. It felt weird to bathe in his washroom, but I had no choice.

After being done, I came out of the washroom slowly. The room was empty. I sensed his presence in the balcony. So, after placing the wet towel in the laundry basket, I walked up to him.

He was leaning towards the railing with his elbows on it, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked tired and upset.

Should I go talk to him?

I mean, talking could ease up the tension between us, right? and I had to spend the night, I mean my life with him! Maybe talking would make things a little better!

Thinking, I went and stood next to him.

"Hey" I chirped, looking at him with a smile on my face.

He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at me. His eyes were also red.

"What?" He snorted.

Maybe I should have left him alone

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He sighed before speaking.

"I am gonna go take a shower"

He turned around and dashed into the washroom.