A Cut & A Shower ||2||

It's been 5 days since I've come here and I have become very comfortable. Uncle and Aunty are so sweet, they treat me like their own daughter. And Karthik, well he doesn't talk much, not only to me, but to everyone.

Putting the second scoop of my favorite chocolate ice-cream, I moved out of the kitchen and started walking to my room.

I am a night owl and I keep having these mid night ice-cream cravings all the time. I told aunty this, and she filled the fridge with all my favorite flavors.

She's the sweetest!

I walked up the stairs and took a blind right turn when I got hit by something and the bowl slipped out of my hands.

"My ice-cream!!" I cried as I watched it fall.

I was losing my balance so I grabbed what was in front of me.

Karthik

To maintain our balance, his hands took hold of my arms, and mine were on his shoulders. His eyes fixed on me, hair disheveled and he was shirtless.

I quickly lifted my hands off his bare shoulders and he left my arms too. Taking a step back to create a proper space between us, I looked away from his eyes, to my right and then looked down.

My ice-cream

"I am sorry, I wasn't looking" I looked back up at him, trying not to look an inch down his neck as that would be really.. awkward.

He looked at me for a second or more before taking his eyes off me, looking down at his body. Sighing, he raked his hand through his hair and looked back at me.

I looked a bit down to see what was wrong.

Oops!

There was ice cream on his lower stomach, and some on his track pants too.

I quickly averted my eyes from there and looked back into his eyes. His lips set in a thin line and eyes locked on me.

Is he mad?

"Shit! I am so, so sorry. I should have been careful"

He kept on looking at me as I apologized, his face seemed as if he was trying to control his anger.

"I just didn't expect anyone to be here! I thought everyone's sleeping. It's quite late, no?" I said the truth.

"Well, I was going to. I just took a shower and.." he trailed off, looking down at himself for a second and then looking back up at me.

"And you'll have to shower again" I completed for him.

He sure knows how to make someone feel guilty.

After a few moments of silence, he said

"Anyway, I was going to get water. So, excuse me?"

"Sure" I chipped, giving him side.

As he went, I sighed and looked down. Ice cream and glass everywhere.

Great!

I bent down to clear the glass from the floor. I don't want anyone to step on them and hurt themselves.

"What are you doing!?"

I was doing my job when Karthik's voice startled me. My hand suddenly jerked and the piece of glass which I was about to pick, went in, cutting through the flesh of my palm.

"Ouch!" I screamed lightly.

Within seconds, a little, red pool was made of my blood.

Suddenly, my hand was jerked and held by Karthik. I looked at him and found him sitting beside me, on his toes, examining my wound.