15. Spirit of All-Knowledge

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Chapter-

Percy looked at him strangely, trying to figure out how he could've known his name. Then it clicked, "C-Cosmog?! How do you know my name?"

The man looked amused. "Of course, I know your name just like I know almost everything else in the universe. There is a reason I am called the spirit of all knowledge."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy's pov

"Really?!" Percy asked surprised. "I mean if you know everything do you know somewhere I can go to where the gods won't bother me?" he quickly asked.

Cosmog nodded wisely. "I am aware of your situation. There is a very simple solution to this," he paused. 

Percy grew exasperated, "Well, what is the solution?"

Cosmog's eyes glowed gold as soon as he demanded this and he said in a hollow voice "You must travel to a different planet where the gods have no dominion." His eyes turned back to normal and he cursed.

"Wh-what was that?"Percy asked shocked. Cosmog looked at him with an unreadable expression seeming to be deciding if he was worthy of the answers. He sighed finally and answered, "That emblem on your forearm that appeared when I came in my physical form is very special. It represents the bond between you and me. It shows that you were worthy enough to be claimed by the scroll of all knowledge. It also means that if you directly demand an answer, I will have to answer." He narrowed his eyes at Percy in warning, "This ability will not be abused. If you use the information for bad causes, the scroll will leave you, and with it so will I."

Percy was overwhelmed with the realization that if he wanted to know anything, he could know it in a few seconds. He knew that everything is not to be known by everyone. Some things are better left alone. Then his thoughts turned to Cosmog's 'solution'. 

Can it really be that simple? Can he leave this planet? Should he leave this planet? His family, the ones who stayed by his side, and the ones he newly made were the only ones keeping him from jumping at the chance to travel the galaxy. But they would want him to be happy, right? Besides if he stayed or visited them now, he would put them all at risk. He couldn't do that, not to his family. He could come and visit later on. Cosmog is bonded to him so he could him how they are doing. His decision was made. 

When he came out of his thoughts, he saw Cosmog intently observing the library. "Hey, Oz would you telling me more about the universe?"

Cosmog looked confused at the nickname, so he clarified, "Oz is your nickname. Cosmog is way too long and you are exactly like the wizard of Oz is supposed to be. So, it is fitting." 

"Your mortal references are indeed quite strange, Perseus. But I will be willing to teach of the ways of the universe before you venture out." Percy didn't ask how he knew that he was going to the other planets and let him continue. 

Oz raised a hand and the hologram of the universe appeared. "Woah. So cool," Percy whispered.

"The universe did not begin from Chaos as most of the population like to believe although he had a huge hand in the creation of planetary life. It began from a consciousness called Cosmos. With Cosmos, came the Void. Together, they created the twin creators, Chaos and Order. They were a happy family and soon, they had a younger brother named End. Cosmos and Void grew apart after a few millennia though, after an intense battle that I believe the earthlings call the Big Bang theory. It caused an explosion and they accidentally created the universe. It was enough to confine them to be apart from each other. Chaos and Order soon took upon raising their brother End by themselves. They also created life on the planets."