11. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood

Taz' pov

The next day, Percy dropped Ari and Taz off at the bottom of Half-Blood Hill. A heartfelt goodbye later they turned to see the top of the hill where their home will be for the foreseeable future. Taz will miss Percy. Even though he isn't his brother, it felt like he was. Taz was tempted to ask him if he could come along with Percy but he knew it was too dangerous and if he went with him there was no way Ari would not demand to come with them as well. Besides, he didn't think Percy would've agreed anyway.

"Taz, what are you waiting for?" Ari called out to him from ten feet ahead. He shook the thoughts out of his head and started running towards her. When he got close to her she announced," Race you to the top!" and proceeded to run up the hill and he followed her with newfound determination.

By the time they reached the top, they were both panting. Ari took some deep breaths and stated, "I win!" 

"Only because of the head start you had," Taz argued.

"Yeah, but you were just standing there looking sad. I had to do something. Besides, I don't like to lose," she argued back. 

Taz just stared at her in disbelief. Only then did he notice a dragon laying under a pine tree. He stood there shell-shocked. When Ari noticed her friend's face, she turned to see what he was staring at. "Is that a...a DRAGON?!" she shrieked.

 "Why, yes it is. His name is Peleus," a voice said from behind them. They whipped their heads towards the voice. It was a man in a wheelchair. He had wrinkles on his face as if from facing many stressful dilemmas but his eyes carried wisdom but they were cautious. Ari squirmed uncomfortably beside Taz and said," Is this, uh, Camp Half-Blood?"

The man's posture slightly relaxed which he hadn't even noticed were stiff. "Did someone bring you here?" he asked.

"We, uh, umm" Ari stuttered. "We were brought here by our guardian," Taz answered smoothly and Ari nodded frantically. It wasn't a complete lie. "He said that we are demigods and this will be a safe place for us," he finished. 

The man heaved a sigh of relief and noticeably relaxed. "Well then, I would like to welcome you to Camp Half-blood. Let me introduce you to some of the campers so that they can show you around." He wheeled himself down the other side of the hill trusting that they would follow and they did. 

There was a crowd gathered there. Murmurs and whispers of the two children who ran up the hill without a guide were spreading around. As soon as they saw the man in the wheelchair coming down with the two children following, it seems like they deemed that Taz and Ari were not a kind of threat and the majority dispersed leaving behind a few curious campers. 

Taz came to the conclusion that the man in the wheelchair might be a leader of the camp. But he wondered what he could do in that wheelchair, (no offense to the disabled, I am sure you are wonderful people only put in bad situations) that they depended on him. 

The man cleared his throat effectively gaining their attention. "Children, these are new demigod campers. They were brought here by their guardian." He motioned in Taz and Ari's direction.

The others seemingly accepted this vague explanation and introduce themselves. The boy with the golden hair and an air of cheerfulness held out a hand and introduced himself, "Hey, I am Will Solace. Son of Apollo and Head counselor of cabin 7." Taz shook his hand which had a surprisingly gentle yet firm grip. "My name is Tazrin Bishop but you can call me Taz and apparently I'm a demigod." Will slightly chuckled at that. "I am Arya Chanda but call me Ari," Ari introduced herself.

 The boy dark-haired small boy next to him said shortly," I am Nico Di Angelo." The girl next to him with long curly hair shot them an apologetic smile and shyly said, "My name is Hazel Levesque, I'm Nico's half-sister."