The Final Battle

After going over the strategy numerous times everyone was silent. It was almost as if we were replaying our roles in this crazy plan over and over again. What would the outcome be in this fight? Would we live through it or would we die? Can I save her?

My clenched fists shook by my side. I couldn’t afford to have any doubts about it at this point. It wasn’t a matter of ‘can’ anymore, because I will save her. I looked up at the pack of wolves that had joyed in this battle. Truthfully I had envisioned going into this solo, but seeing as how the prince wasn’t going to be fighting alone then I might as well follow suit. The pack dispersed and went off to get into position. The one named Leroy who had stayed as a wolf brushed lightly against my leg. I glared down at the light colored fur ball and as if sensing my anger he lowered his ears in an innocent way then lightly touched his nose to my hand.

“Hurry it up pup.” Roger called in the distance. Leroy automatically perked up at the call and went running.

Reece bent down and started to roll up the map she had laid out on the grass. Her long blonde hair was tied into a high pony tail and she had even ditched her pervious outfit for cargo pants and a black tank top. Vanessa had been right about her. She really was a dependable person when pushed came to shove. The woman had used a GPS to track down Vanessa’s cell phone and pinpoint her exact location. After that she had hacked into some government site and found all of the property that Winden owned then narrowed down the places he would take her.

I looked around at the area that would soon become a battlefield. It was an open plain with a lot tall grasses, located in the middle of a forest. The field was big enough to lure Winden and his goons out of the protection of the forest. My nails dug into the palm of my hands. Just thinking about this man was getting me worked up. He was going to pay for putting Vanessa through this hell, for touching her, and for hurting her. I could feel a growl work its way up from deep within my throat. That prince was going to pay in blood.

                                                                    Vanessa's POV

I screamed out in agony before I was even completely conscious of what was going on. Every part of my body was throbbing in pain. My arm, my neck, everything from head to toe was cursing the very meaning of pain. It felt as if someone had just taken a sludge hammer to them and went crazy.

“You finally decided to grace us with your presence, my little slut.” My eyes shot open with a wince.

His hard shoulder rammed right in between my breasts as he leapt to another tree branch. Seeing as my body was already riddled with soreness I was not able to completely suppress my cry. I moaned loudly against him and sensed his smile broadening.

It wasn’t until the burning pain began to dissipate that I grasped the fact that I was being carried over his shoulder. The scenery around me was moving too fast for my muffled brain to understand so I closed my eyes to save the headache to come. My arm dangled around the prince as if they were lame or dead. On them I could feel the deep blistering cuts pulsing from being beaten against the tree bark.

Winden’s swatted my butt with the palm of his hand. I bit my lower lip to keep from screaming, I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of causing me pain.

“Now, listen here harlot.” He bounced me up a little bit higher on his shoulder. “Your damn rouge is dead. Sadly you won’t be sharing the same fate or be crowned as my queen, for that matter. So the question stands as too what I am too do with you?”

The beast of a man carried on hopping from tree branch to tree branch as he thought my ‘fate’ over. As all of this hopping and thinking was going on, I was sadly becoming more aware of just how much pain I was truly in. Slowly my moans and whimpers were escaping from my lips. I hated the fact that I was so weak and useless at a time like this especially when Victor needed me the most. There wasn’t a doubt in my mind that Victor was still alive after fight those two vampires.

I opened my eyes and took on the raging headache. Painfully I rotated my head from side to side, counting how many vampires Winden had with him. There were at least ten other vampires following besides us. I groaned at the unexpected amount. There was no way in hell Victor would be able to take on this many vampires at once. I admitted that he was strong but I wasn’t sure if he was this strong.

“I’ve got it! I’ll just torture and kill your clan in front of your very eyes. You’ll be so weak and beaten that all you’ll be able to do is watch helplessly as they fall in front of you. After they are all done I’ll be able to move onto to you my dear. Don’t fret though I won’t kill you. Oh no my sweet I’ll let you live until the very end of my rule.”

Anger boiled in my stomach. “Don’t you dare touch my family.”

His laughter rang through the forest. “I’m sorry dearie but there is nothing you can do to stop me.”

I growled over at him. “Maybe so but you neglect the fact that I trained a rouge vampire.”

His laughter stopped and his grip on me tightened. “Your little playmate is already dead.”

“If you honestly believed that he was dead then why are you running?”

Suddenly I was thrown off his shoulder and against the trunk of a tree. Before I could even moan out Winden grabbed onto the front of my tattered dress and lifted me up higher on the tree. He glared up at me with a growl.

“You think a little rouge vampire scares me? Sorry to disappoint but nothing scares me.” He lowered me down slowly and brought his lips to my ear. “If that sweetheart of yours is still alive and just so happens to stumble upon us it will be my pleasure to murder the bastard in front of your innocent eyes.”

I hissed over at him and tried to bit his throat out but he pulled away too quickly. He grabbed my chin and forced it up. “Ahh so you do still have a little more fight left in you.” Without hesitating he pressed his fangs against my lower lip and bit down. Blood gushed out of the new wound and I struggled to not make a sound. His disgusting tongue licked the dripping blood off of my chin. “Well that fight won’t be there for much longer.”

“My lord,” One of his vampire guards interrupted jumping on the same branch as us.

Winden snarled over at the disturbance. “What?”

The vampire pointed forward. “Look.”

Winden looked over in the general direction and sneered. He looked back at me, pulled my cheek to his, and angled my head to see what the fuss was all about. In the distance was a large open field with a single black figure standing in the middle of it all. I squinted my eyes to get a better look at the figure. My heart was racing in my chest when I discovered who it was.

“Victor.” The joy of seeing him was short lived as Winden’s grip brought me back.