Hit and Run

Thank you to everyone who is reading my story i really appricate it. Please leave a comment or vote if you like reading it :)

Reece’s POV

"Now remember Danyelle there are guidelines you need to follow when you're on the newscast team. First of all, never leave a fellow newscaster behind; you never know which one is carrying the snickers bars, second always pee before we go out filming; you don't want to be caught with your pants down while kneeling over their kitchen sink, and most important never take pictures with the subjects while they’re sleeping unless we're both in the picture together so that when we post it on our Facebook accounts it matches."

Danyelle kind of looked at me like I was a little insane, started to laugh, and then said "So who is carrying the snickers tonight?"

"Who do you think lackey?" I said as I unlocked my front door. After pocketing my keys I made my way inside and Danyelle followed behind me. Even though I didn’t see Danyelle’s expression I knew that she was surprised. My mom was the top molecular biologist in the United States and my dad was a mechanical engineer, so my family does pretty well. Danyelle was so caught up in how big and fancy everything was that I had to drag her into the living room.

“But wait I wasn’t done looking!” She pouted.

“Sure you were.” I set my bag on the coffee table and pushed Danyelle onto the couch. “Now stay here for a second so I can go get some equipment.”

“Equipment? For the Ms. Gross story?” She asked as she settled herself into the couch.

I sighed dramatically. “Don’t tell me you forgot rule number one already.”

“I didn’t forget. It was never leaving your partner behind.”

“Because you never know who’s carrying the snickers bars.” I finished. “Where do you think we get the snickers bars from?”

Her mouth formed in a big ‘oh’ as she remembered about the candy. “Is that all we are here for?”

I glared at her for being ridiculous but then I realized that she was still a newbie. Of course she wouldn’t know about all the equipment that we would need for this mission. “No I have to get the cameras that we are going to be leaving there as well as a few other knick knacks.”

“Okay, sorry.” She said. I turned around and started walking away. “Can I looked around whi-

“No.”

“But why not?”

“My parents are loaded as you can tell and all this stuff is some pretty pricy junk. I don’t want you to break anything so just stay on the couch.”

I could hear her over exaggerated sigh as I made my way upstairs to my room and started collecting supplies. Truthfully I didn’t think Danyelle would actually break anything in the house and if she did… my parents were loaded they could replace it. The real reason was that I didn’t want her snooping around.

Speaking of snooping, where the hell was my brother?

I thought about what day it was then smiled. He must being hanging out with the boys today. That means that after I plant the cameras with Danyelle I can finally enjoy some peace and quiet while experimenting. I would be in a middle of a breakthrough and suddenly that dumbass would come in ruining all of my hard work. It wasn’t that I hated my step-brother it was just that…he was annoying as hell. I smiled to myself at all the projects I would be able to finish now that he would be out of the way. Doing experiments was a massive bonus to being a newscaster, because once you discovered that someone had made a Taser out of a disposable camera you want to know all the details. On the odd chance that I don’t get all the information out of the people I would have to discover the secrets by myself.