Now that We're Alive and Well

"That was fucked up!"

It had been Reece who had screamed that at no one in particular. The rest of us looked down at the computer screen in horror.

"What the hell was that?" Vic yelled at Reece. "I go crazy and kill everyone in your stupid simulation. This computer crap is fucked up!"

Reece spun around in her chair and glared at Vic. "It has a .3% chance of happening so shut up will you. I have over a million other simulations to run into my computer and I don’t need you all pestering me over the results this 'computer crap' spits out."

Danyelle and Vic looked at each other.

"Hey Vic there is a point three percent chance that you end up confessing your undying love to Vanessa even though she's already dead."

"Actually it's a 52.3% chance that he does confess his love to her while we are at Winden’s house." Reece remarked as she typed away on her keys.

Vic looked flabbergasted with his mouth hanging wide. "W-What?" He coughed lightly and straightened himself out, “This is a bunch of crap I’m leaving.”

I watched as he stormed out of the room. We had gone to Reece’s house because she had this software that could do realistic simulations. I looked back at the computer and shivered, maybe that wasn’t such a great idea. For Vic to go crazy and kill everyone was not the happy ending I had envisioned.

I grabbed my bag off the floor and turned to leave. “I think I’m going to go with him. Make sure to tell me what the results are.”

The bag bounced off my back as I made my way down the stairs. Reece’s house was pretty grand. I had noticed that all the pictures and trinkets around here were pretty expensive. I wasn’t sure if it was old money like my families or if she was new but whatever it was her family was certainly loaded. I reached for the door and stopped to see a wolf sitting next to it. Shocked that such a creature was inside her house I jumped back from it. The wolf wagged its big fluffy tail across the floor and panted playfully. Now that I knew the thing wasn’t going to jump me I slowly bent down and rubbed its ear.

The creature really was breathtaking with it soft brown eyes and gloriously lush pelt. I continued to rub its ear as I looked it over more. The fur wasn’t just one solid color like I had imagined them to be but more of a mixture of colors. The top of it started out as a dark brown the changed into a tan color before becoming perfectly white on its belly. Truly a beautiful creature. I patted its head to signal that I was leaving. The wolf got up and started walking into the living room. I watched the wolf until it was out of view and then opened the door.

I looked out to see that Vic had already started up his mustang. He looked up at me in the doorway and smiled. A smiled formed on my lips. Even though he wasn’t sure if I would follow him out he had still waited for me. I felt a light flutter in my chest as I made my way to the car. I was really in love with that man.

After I hopped in the passenger’s side and tossed my bag into the back seat I leaned over to him to peck his cheek. He turned just in the nick of time though and I ended up kissing his lips. I pulled away quickly and buckled up. Vic stared at me in awe. “What was that for?”

I shrugged my shoulder. “For waiting.”

He tried to keep his expression barren but I caught the slight twitch on his mouth. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I rolled my eyes. “So where to next?”

His finger tapped out a rhythm on the steering wheel as he drove. “I was thinking maybe a little training.”

“Sure.”

Vic cocked his eyebrow and glanced over at me. “Sure?”

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“No ‘Alright but I’m going to kick your ass.’?”

Laughter warmed my insides. “I think we’re pretty evenly matched but if it makes you feel better I’m still going to kick your ass.”

He smiled over at me. “Yeah, yeah we’ll see.”

I laughed again as we made our way to the training grounds.

********

Danyelle's POV

I tossed back the rest of the water from my glass. Originally I had used it as an excuse to try and find Aiden. When I didn’t automatically find him though I thought that it might be good to get glass. I set the cool cup down next to the kitchen sink. If I was Aiden where would I be?

I found myself smiling a few moments later and made my way to the living room. I had found him once before lying down on the couch so with any luck he might be there again. I hadn’t exactly planned on ditching Reece to run the rest of the simulations by herself but that computer stuff bored me. Aiden on the other hand was anything but boring. I skipped over to the couch that he had laid on before and was disappointed to find the wolf Aiden there instead. The wolf raised its head up after hearing my sigh and instantly started wagging its tail. Even though he hadn’t been the Aiden I was looking for I could still waste some time with him.

I walked over to the front of the couch and sat down next to Aiden’s nose. The wolf stuck his face up to mine and started licking me. The feeling wasn’t something that I was accustomed to so I giggled at his wet kisses.

“Stop it Aiden you’re making my cheek wet.”

After a few more licks he settled down and rested his head on my lap. Aiden was such a gorgeous wolf. His pelt was always soft and warm against my skin and his big brown eyes made me want to smother him. I ran my fingers through the softness of his fur. He sighed against my leg at the feeling and I laughed.

“Oh you like that uh?”

I took his silence as a yes and kept on petting him. I had always thought that keeping a wolf as a pet was a bit strange but now that I was with Aiden it didn’t seem all that weird. He was very loving, playful, and well mannered. I rested my head back on the couch and though back to the last time I had been here. Last time I had been on this couch Aiden had sat right next to me. Instead of resting my head against the cushion it had been his arm or chest. I smiled at the memory. He had been so warm and firm that it had driven me crazy. The man himself was just too good to be true with his quick smiled and warm remarks.

I ran my hand down the length of his pelt. “You know that master of yours is a really sweet man.”

Aiden lifted his head up off my lap and looked at me. I met his gaze and kept talking. “I don’t think I’ve ever met a man as warm as him. Last time I was here he made my heart pound so hard that it hurt.”

I laughed at the memory. “Everything he did or said were just perfect. The man even took me out to see the stars from the hood of his car. How romantic is that?”

I went back to rubbing his head. “You know I really wished I could tell whether or not he liked me.” A frown pushed its way onto my face. “He probably doesn’t like me I’m just getting my hopes up for nothing. I mean I’ve never even had a boyfriend before and he’s probably had a ton of girls. I’m not even that pretty.” I whined.

“I don’t think that I’m ugly or anything but a guy like him would never go for a girl like me.”

Aiden whined slightly and rubbed his nose against my other hand. I couldn’t believe that I had just told a wolf my feelings like that but then again I felt better telling someone. I raised my other hand and rubbed his chin. “I’m sorry about all of that Aiden. It’s just that…I’ve never liked someone this much before and I’m scared.”

Aiden sensing my discomfort raised his head up to mine and lick my mouth. I squealed at the feeling and raised my arm up to wipe my mouth. “Awe Aiden that’s gross.”

He started wagging his big fluffy tail at me and went in to lick me again. I started laughing as I held him back. “No Aiden you already got your kiss.”

He wobbled onto his hind legs and licked the tip of my nose. Holding him back like this wasn’t helping me at all so I let him loose and took all of his wet kisses with a smile. When he was done giving me love I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him on the nose. “You know you really are amazing Aiden making me feel better like that. Reminds me a little bit of your master.”

“Danyelle!” Reece yelled from upstairs.

I sighed as I picked myself up off the couch and patted Aiden on the head. “I have to go now but next we’ll hang out a lot longer and I’ll make sure to give you lots of loving.”

With that being said I left the room and headed back up to Reece.