Vanessa Meet Vic

Vic's POV

I hate dances!

I mean really what's the point; people are either standing around watching other people from the sidelines dancing, or are tossing their bodies around in weird ways and calling that dancing, pathetic really. The only reason I was here was because Danyelle wanted me to meet her new friend. Now any other day I wouldn't have really cared, but what if this new friend happened to be a boy? Of course she couldn't ease her older brother's worries, oh no she had to go on saying how great and totally awesome this person was without indicating once weather or not it was a boy or a girl. She just simply stated that I had to come to the dance to meet this totally wicked person. My curiosity had gotten the better of me so I came… okay and I lost a bet against her but whatever I could have totally ditched, if she hadn't been holding my 'Rise Against' CD captive in her room.

Some part of this however was on my own accord. I mean what if it did end up being a boy, no brother in his right mind would leave his baby sister alone with a guy he didn’t know. If it happened to be a girl I would most likely ditch and go home to find my CD. I wasn’t interested in any of the underclassmen girls anyway and I wasn’t going to be a third wheel either. So here I am waiting to find out if I should leave with Danyelle or without her.

I leaned back against the wall and watched the crowd. Obviously this person wasn’t going to show up anytime soon.

Maybe they won’t even show up. Smiling to myself I began to relax against the brick walling. Danyelle’s constant fidgeting kept putting bugging me, I was going to tell her to knock it off, when I caught a glimpse of something interesting. I turned my head just in time to see this one girl passing by a few feet away. She seemed to glow light up the night with her pale skin. Her skin was more like perfect then creepy unlike some other people who didn’t see the sun. She had a laced up back dress, it was almost too elegant for a school dance but I was a guy so what would I know. Her dress however did hug her every curve in a very complementing way, it would have been wrong for me to not appreciate it. Her long legs topped it off, she wasn’t freakishly tall or anything but just the perfect height for me. Her head would fall just below my chin which in my opinion was perfect. Without even seeing her face I knew that she was just as perfect there as well. She had her face turned the opposite direction so I couldn't see it, but I could tell from the back that she had a nice curve going for her chin. She wondered aimlessly around the dance floor as if she was searching for someone.

Boyfriend,

A sigh escaped my mouth when she walked out of the room. The first interesting thing I see at this dance and she's gone within seconds. A sigh escaped as I closed my eyes and leaned back against the wall.

"What's wrong with you?"

I crack open my eye, looking at Danyelle. "I don't know, when is your friend going to get here?"

A little bit of annoyance snuck into her tone. "Beats me, It should be here already."

"Did you just say IT?” My eyes widened as my hand grabbed her shoulder. “Okay a boy would have been better than an IT, we are so fucking out of here." I began to drag her out of the corner when she tugged back,

"Will you stop it? I'm only saying IT is an IT so that you won't find out if IT is a boy or girl and ditch me!"

I stopped pulling at her when a strange feeling vibrated through me, something didn't feel right. The air around me turned cold and had my stomach doing painful flip. Whatever was coming put me in full alert, I didn’t understand why I had gone into such a defensive mood. My nostrils flared, taking in a large whiff of the air around me. Nothing felt out of the ordinary, all that was there were a bunch of teenagers and flashing lights. Something bad was coming I could feel it in my soul, and whatever it was it was watching.