Promises to Keep

Victor and I looked at Reece in pure horror. She knew. She knew that we were both vampires. Exposing our kind to the human race was almost as worse as training a vampire. Danyelle had never really counted as a threat to the vampire world because if she exposed us she would also expose her brother and he would probably be the first of us to go. Reece on the other hand had no reason to keep our secret in fact she was a reporter, she couldn’t resist broadcasting something as big as this.

My body was trembling so bad that even Vic was giving me worried glances, but I couldn’t make my body stop shaking. Would I be forced to kill her?

I looked over her crazy school girl outfit and her smiling face. She was so full of life and craziness I don’t think I would be able to live with myself after killing a human. Maybe if I pretended that it was a joke or something she would just drop it. I realized that there had been too big of a pause in our conversation to fully convince her that she was mistaken but it was worth a shot.

“That’s hilarious! Is that like a movie quote or something?” I tried to give her a genuine smile and laugh so that it would seem more realistic but the pressure of the situation was too great.

Reece’s smile grew as she walked closer to me. “No I was being serious you’re a vampire.”

So she just thinks that it me she doesn’t even suspect Vic.

“Me? No I’m not a vampire.”

“Yes you are.” She looked at Vic with all knowing eyes. “So is he.”

"…NO…why would you say-" I started off with a strained laugh as Danyelle turned into the room with a dazzling smile on her face, "Danyelle!"

Her eyes widened. "Wha-

"You told her didn't you!!?"

She looked back between Reece and me. "I didn't tell her anything!" She said quickly with her hands raised in the air.

My anger flung like a slingshot towards Vic. "Victor!"

Vic’s body stiffened next to me at the accusation. "I don’t even know her and besides I'm a rouge it’s not something I like to advertise."

Reece's eyes widened as she quickly looked back and forth between Vic and me. "What I was just throwing it out there but rouge… so there's a difference? Are Rouges inferior?"

"No! She was just born a vampire while I became one." Vic answered from behind Danyelle.

"So is there like a vampire hierarchy?"

"Yeah, and someone," he indicated to me. "Got engaged to the prince!"

"Prince? Does he live in Transylvania? Do I know him?"

"Transylvania's a myth, he's from Rome." I answered accidently.

"Myths, so are the others fake? Is all I know a lie?" Reece stated dramatically. "Do you have a garlic allergy?"

"…Do I?" Vic asked Vanessa. "I love garlic bread!"

"What about the sun? Can you get a tan?"

Danyelle answered. "No he's always going to be a little lily white boy."

"Hey!" Vic yelled.

"If I shoot you with a silver bullet will you die?"

"Where do you plan on shooting? I guess if you hit me in a vital I would."

I realized that she was using her reporter skills to information out of him. "Vic, Shut UP!" I screamed.

"Did Vanessa create you Victor?"