Late Awakening

Danyelle's POV

I slammed my hand against my screeching alarm clock hoping to hit the snooze button. For some unknown reason I couldn’t find the blasted thing and had to lift my head up to look. When I found the damn button I smiled and buried my head back into my pillow. Unfortunately I only had a few seconds before someone threw themselves onto my back.

"Wake up sleepy head!" Vic yelled like a little five year old.

"How can you wake up at six in the morning every day?" I muffled into my pillow.

He laughed at my cranky reaction. I wasn’t exactly a morning person so seeing him all smiley and cheerful really pissed me off. I was about to make some snarky remark at him that would ruin his day but he surprised me when messed up my hair. Immediately afterwards he shot up from my bed and literally skipped out of my room.

Why was I born with a hyperactive brother?

I blame dad for this.

I knew that if I didn’t get up now he would just come back later with vengeance so I lazily pulled myself out of bed. When I entered the kitchen I saw Vic's smiling face and stopped. He had a giant bowel in one hand and a whisk in the other. I could feel my jaw drop at this. He was making breakfast? Vic never cooked and I mean it when I say never. For gosh sake he wouldn’t even pour his own cereal for breakfast let along make….is that pancakes? Suspiciously I took a closer look at the contents of the bowl. It looked like pancake batter and smelt like it but I still didn’t trust him. He turned around and poured some of the batter onto the griddle. I used this opportunity to sneak a lick at the bowl. Surprisingly enough it really was pancake batter.

I looked back over at Vic in awe. “Did you get some lip action last night?”

He nearly dropped the pancake he was flipping. “What?”

“Oh god you did didn’t you! You and Vanessa kissed!”

The bowl rolled on the countertop spilling pancake batter as it moved.

“What the hell? No we didn’t kiss!” he yelled back defensively. He turned and looked at the mess on the counter. His cursing filled the air as he tried to clean up the spilled batter, meanwhile; I innocently made my way closer to him.

“Well why the hell not?” I glared at him

“Because…”

“Because why?”

Vic looked at me with shock and maybe a bit of amusement. His fingers combed through his dark hair as he spoke, “Sheesh Danyelle we aren’t like that. She’s just training me so I can kill her fiancé or whatever.”

I looked into his eyes and froze at what I saw. Even though he was looking at me he wasn’t looking me in the eyes. There was something that he wasn’t telling. Normally I would have let it drop but due to his recent actions and my growing curiosity I couldn’t let it go.

“There is something else isn’t there, Victor?”

His face was masked in confusion. “Maybe I just don’t want to kiss her.”

I disagreed with that statement because I could see the way they looked at each other. There was something going on between the two even if they were both too ignorant to see it. However, the topic had somehow changed its course as I fought to find out something deeper. “No that’s not what I’m talking about anymore. There is something about her that you really don’t like.”

His mouth clamped and his fists clenched tighter as I hit closer to home. “Something about Vanessa tares you apart…and you loathe her for it. What is it Vic?”