This is Mud in my Hair Right?

Vanessa's POV

When I woke up I was surrounded by darkness. At first I wasn’t sure if I was still trapped in the depth of my own mind or if I had really died. The back of my head hurt like hell, so I took that as an obvious sign that I wasn’t dead. I started to pick myself up when my head slammed into a hard surface.

“Son of a Bitch!” My forehead throbbed from the sudden impact. While I was rubbing my forehead my eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness. The first thing I noticed was that there was fabric surrounding me, and the second was that there was something in my hair. Where the hell was I? Darkness, sheets and a container only brought one thing to my mind; I was in a coffin.

I pushed my hands in front of me and felt the hard wood. This confirmed my theory, I was defiantly in a coffin… but who put me there?

Guess I should find out

I pushed the heavy wood lid half expecting it to be locked but the dang thing just eased open. The lid stopped in it's up right position and I could feel the fresh air rush into the coffin. The dim lighting was the first thing I noticed. I lifted myself into an upright position. I didn’t realize how much my body was bruised until I was hunched over in the coffin with pain. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and quickly turned my head.

"Danyelle," I yelled and I pulled her into a tight and quick hug. Despite the joy of seeing a familiar face I felt as if I was forgetting something. I looked her over, she was wearing a grey pair of bat Pj's and she looked really tired. Her hair was kind of messy and she had a weak smile. The last thing I could manage to remember was that I was on the school's roof fighting someone I think, protecting Danyelle from someone…. I think. Who was it? Wait hold on …. I was protecting Danyelle from a vampire, no wait a rouge vampire. NO HER BROTHER VIC. It all came flooding back into my mind, the fighting, the blood, and everything.

"Y-Your brother, he's a-

"I know" she said as plain as day.

"No you don't understand, he's a blood sucking-"

"Vanessa. I know he's a vampire alright."

"You know? But I don't think you understand. He was going to suck you dry." I explained shaking her shoulders.

"No he wasn't. He was only fighting you because he thought he was protecting me from you ."

"Me? Why would he need to protect you from me?" I asked dumbfounded.

She simply gave me a long steady stare. "Because you’re a vampire too," My whole body froze, the blood in my veins ran cold, and my heart skipped several beats.

"Me? Are you for real right now Danyelle? I'm not a rouge vampire." I refused.

"Maybe not rouge but you are a vampire."

"No I'm not," I quickly denied.

"Oh yes you are." She insisted, her eyes were filled with determination and I knew that I wasn't going to win.

"W-Who told you that," I looked away from her intense gaze.

"Vic did, but I was on my way to figuring it out myself."

"I see,"

How could she be so calm about this!

Her brother is a vampire as well you dumbass.

We were consumed by a large silence. I just wanted to leave and pretend none of this had happened. After a moment she spoke,

"H-hey Vanessa," I spared her a glance. "When we were on the roof… could you have killed my brother, right?"