Surprising Visit

Vanessa’s POV

Imagine walking into a room and finding your parents having sex, and you were so horrified at the scene that you couldn’t look away. Well that’s exactly how I felt right now. Reece and Danyelle were carefully dragging Vic’s coffin to a hole they had dug in the ground. What was even worse was that Vic, trapped inside the tightly chained coffin, was asleep and complete clueless as to what was happening.

As soon as Reece and Danyelle had lowered the coffin into the ground they picked up their shovels and buried it. It wasn’t until they had leveled the ground that I snapped out of my state.

“What are you guys doing?” I yelled.

Danyelle jumped at my unexpected appearance while Reece waved at me like she had known I was there the whole time. Angered by her nonchalant attitude I ended up stomping my way over to them.

“Why did you bury Vic?” I questioned.

Reece tossed the shovel over her shoulder and started walking. “We wanted to see if he could get out.”

Dumbfounded by her reply I followed her and Danyelle back into the house. “What?”

Danyelle bumped my elbow with hers. “Both Reece and I are curious as to what a vampire can and can’t do, so we are conducting experiments to figure it out.”

She took the lead and led Reece and I to the kitchen sink where they washed their dirty hands.

“You know you guys could have asked me.”

Danyelle looked over her shoulder wide eyed. “I thought you wouldn’t answer us-

“Where’s the fun in asking?” Reece interrupted. She wiped her hands off on a nearby towel then tossed it to Danyelle. “Besides it gives Danyelle and me something to do.”

I folded my arms across my chest and looked back at Danyelle. “You’re okay with putting Vic in the ground?”

Innocently she smiled over at me. “My conscious is clean.”

I found myself laughing at her answer then after I held my hands up in surrender. “Fine do what you like I won’t interfere,” I leaned up against the counter. “I’ll let you have your fun on three conditions.”

Reece took a step closer and cocked her chin. “Name them.”

I counted off my fingers. “One is that you can’t do your experiments on me,”

“But we wanted to compare a rouge to a pureblood.” Danyelle whined.

“Two is that I will deny seeing, hearing, or being a part of any of them.”

Reece tapped her finger against the inside of her elbow. “And the third?”

“Is that because you are choosing to find the answers out yourselves I will not answer any of your questions.”

She nodded her head. “That’s reasonable.”

“Good so we have a deal?” I extended my hand towards hers. She looked down at my hand smiled and then clasped it in hers.

“Deal.”

                                                                          Vic’s POV

I stretched inside of my coffin. Normally I kept it in my room as a reminder to what I was but recently I found the tight space comforting. Thanks to Vanessa I was starting to accept everything that came with being a vampire. Speaking of her I reached for my phone hidden underneath my pillow and checked the time.