Red Eyes and Headaches

Danyelle's POV

When we finally got home I threw my heels in the front closet. It wasn’t enough to have a monster headache oh no that would be getting off easy, my feet had to get blister from walking in those damn heels down the sidewalk. Vanessa can be screwed, next time I’m getting a piggy back ride home. I really wanted to take a long hot shower to soothe my aching body. I looked over at Vic who was standing near the stairs and knew that that little fantasy wasn't going to happen just yet.

He saw my gaze and asked, "So…where is she going to sleep?"

A smile crept up on my lips. He had called her 'she' instead of 'it' or 'vamp'. Maybe not her name but he would get there…eventually. "Well, I don't really know. She can't sleep in my room because… well she is a vampire, and the couch is off-limits so I guess your room is our best bet. I mean you have two beds anyway?" I didn't have anything against Vanessa sleeping in my room or anything but I felt miserable and just wanted to piss off Vic.

"What? No way! What's wrong with the couch?" Vic questioned with a pissed off expression on his face.

"Because what if she wakes up…then she could easily come into my room, and I know you wouldn't like that now would you?" I stated.

Through his gridded teeth he spoke, "N-No,"

"So then it's settled, she sleeps in your room."

"I only have the coffin-

"Well put her in that."

"Come on that's…" he hesitated then responded. “Fine,” He began to carry Vanessa up the stairs to his room when it hit me.

That was too easy,

I followed him to his bedroom, stalking behind him as he laughed to himself. He entered his room and it was a little hard to see anything with his curtain covering the only window in the room. I surveyed his room as he walked around with Vanessa. There was this big dark red bed under the window, his dresser was off to the other right side against the room and other than those things he had a giant blue table cloth lying over his oak coffin. That beast could fit a least two people in it, and the ginormous thing was dead center in the middle of the room.

Vic tossed Vanessa over his shoulder while he pulled the sheet off with one hand and pushed the HEAVY lid up.

Dude that thing weights a ton, how can he only lift it with one hand??

Vic is a vampire with super strength, think about it.

He gently lowered Vanessa into the soft black bedding of the coffin. He placed his hands on the side of the coffin as he looked down at her in a strange way. I couldn't put my fingerer on it but it was a confused slash longing kind of look or maybe he realized that this was the only girl he was ever going to get in his room. He placed his hand on her face than slowly moved a muddy piece of hair away from her lips. His hand lingered on her face almost like he liked the touch. I sighed lightly from the distance and his hand shot away as he quickly closed the lid. For a second I thought he had heard me and had become embarrassed, but then out of nowhere he pulled out this big ass lock and snapped it on the coffin.

Click .

"VICTOR!" I screamed. He spun around surprised.

"W-What are you doing in my room?" He yelled as he moved in front of the lock trying to block my view of it.

"Key," He gave an amused look but I still demanded for the key by extending my hand.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He folded his arms over his chest.