Monster

Vic's POV

Laughing at my own ingenious revenge plotting, I ran up the stairs into my room. I heard Vanessa following behind me. I assumed that if I went into my room and locked the door she would give up on hunting me. I smiled at my brilliant plan as I opened my bedroom door. In retrospect I should have known that my plan would have failed because that damn vampire was always two steps ahead of me. There sitting perfectly in the middle of my coffin was one of the blood filled wine bottles that Danyelle and her friend had been trying to make me drink.

Now that I knew what was in them I wanted to stay as far away from it as possible, but if that was true then why was it that I couldn’t take my eyes off of it? I found myself biting the corner of my bottom lip when I thought about what it would be like to drink from it. Even though I never drank it before I felt as if I knew what it would feel like. I imagined that when the lips of the bottle touched mine it would be light as a feather. I could feel the smooth glass caress my lips again and again as the warm content from it slid into my mouth with ease. This was too vivid to be my imagination but I knew that it wasn’t a memory.

I think…

My fangs punctured my lower lip; I could feel the warm liquid drip down my chin. The bottle on my coffin was hypnotic, and its hold on me was great. I could feel every muscle in my body tense in anticipation. Unable to resist the urge I walked closer to it. Even if the blood was in a bottle its sweet aroma wafted over to me in waves. My knee shook beneath me, and my fists trembled at my side. I wanted to reach for it and drain it of its continents but at the same time I knew that drinking it would turn me into the thing I feared most; A monster.

Vanessa's POV

I watched as Vic forced himself to look away from the blood. How could he resist such a temptation? It was astonishing how strong his will power really was but on the other hand it was really starting to worry me. For example, his eyes have been the same bloody red color ever since he woke up and by the look of his muscles and skin tone I don't know how much longer he would stand. Vic was paler than normal,

Well for a vampire.

Weaker than an average rouge vampire, and he defiantly wasn't able to sense my presence even if I was only nine feet away from him.

Obviously he needed some more training.

Yep,

I saw Vic take a step away from the blood and turn towards the door. That’s when he finally noticed me watching. Instinctively, he crouched down and bared his fangs at me.

I shook my head. I couldn't believe him! After all that training he still thinks he's able to take me on.

"Vic what on earth are you doing?"

Completely ignoring my question he growled. "Get out."

I sighed as I tried a different approach. Maybe if I started explaining everything to him he would understand my intentions and actually listen to me; I almost laughed out loud as soon as the thought came into my head. "Vic, Danyelle told me that you haven’t been drinking blood. Damn it Victor, are you an idiot? What is the one thing that every movie and book about vampires have in common? They drink blood! It’s the cardinal rule for crying out loud! Do you understand what's going to happen to you if you don't drink it?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'll die."

I laughed. "If you're lucky enough for that.” I glared at him as he slowly picked himself up from his crouched position. “Listen to me Vic the only thing that is going to die because you aren’t drinking enough blood is everyone around you.”