Chapter 80 - Queen for a day

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Queen for a day

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

You're sat in the throne room next to Rapunzel bored out of your mind.

Sophie has already gone and is going to old Corona once she returns. and after the last couple of subjects, Frederic and Ariana will go too.

You yawn and keep your head up with with your hand.

Nigel stares at you.

You smirk and stick your tongue out to annoy him.

And of course, it did... but because today is special he didn't snitch on you like usual.

“You're majesty,” Feldspar bows and looks slightly worried. “Ever since you repaved the roads, Wear and pair on peoples shoes are at an all-time low! Not one person has come into my shop all week!”

Fredric hums, “I see…” He leans towards Ariana and smiles, “Well, we can't very well unrepave the roads can we, Feldspar.”

Ariana chuckles lightly as Fredric continues when Feldspar looks down sadly, “However, it occurs to me the royal guard are in need of new boots. Do you think you're in service, sir?”

You sit up and smile when you see Feldspars face light up, “M-my my, why of course your majesty!”

He happily walks out.

“Do the guards really need new boots?” Rapunzel asks.

“No, but the livelihood of our local businesses are worth the extra cost.”

You hum in thought and Rapunzel smiles, “Wow, I've learnt so much from shadowing you the last few days!”

Fredric’s face turns serious, “Good, because you must be prepared for any contingency while we’re gone.”

Ariana frowns a little and sighs, “Uh, Frederic? We’re going to be away for two days. We deserve a little break. I think she can manage, besides she has  her sister and her friends by her side.” 

“Oh, I know she can. After witnessing the supreme judgement she exercised while defending Attila. And (__)’s quick thinking with Lady Caine and her horse, there’s not a doubt in my mind. But that doesn’t mean a father can’t worry.”

A few more people come and go and once again your bored out of your mind.

“Quirin, my old friend. What brings you from Old Corona village?”

You shoot up when you hear Quirin's name.

“Your Majesty, Old Corona is facing quite the dilemma.” 

You tilt your head in confusion.

“Oh?”

Quirin smiles, “Uh, yes, it would appear this year’s harvest has proven quite bountiful. So much so, that I humbly request more land to accommodate such bounty.”

“What?” You say to yourself.

Nigel whispers to Fredric, you stare at Quirin, you could tell something was wrong and your suspicions are correct when you see Varian almost in tears near the door.

Fredric hums in thought, “Quirin. I am pleased to hear how well Old Corona is faring, and even more pleased to grant your request.”

Quirin bows, “Thank you, your majesty.” he walks out.