Chapter 85 - help from the companions

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Help from the companions

(Talking animals in this chapter OoO)

Also, this is a short chapter compared to what I usually write lol

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Your sat in Xavier's house, you and Sophie on chairs and Cass, Eugene and Rapunzel stood up and staring at you both while Xavier does... Xavier stuff.

It was awkward until Eugene spoke, "Okay, no more secrets. What's going on with you and this stripe of yours."

He crosses his arms.

You sigh, "fine wanna know what's happening. This stripe isn't the only 'thing' I've got."

Rapunzel raises a brow, "What do you mean?"

You take off your glove and reveal the mark.

Cass grabs your arm and examines it. "Woah, I've never seen anything like that before..."

"Same here, so secretly I've been coming here to look for answers. BUT before you blame Xavier I asked him not to say anything until I knew what it was."

"So, what is it?" Eugene asks.

"Why don't I just give you this." You hand over the letter Quirin put in your journal.

"Wow..." Rapunzel mumbles

Eugene kneels down and puts his hands on your shoulders, "(__), please... just don't hide anything like that from us again, okay? Were all in this together."

You smile lightly, "Alright. No more secrets. Now, can Sophie and I get back to old Corona?"

Rapunzel sighs, "H-how... how is Varian?"

"He's been better... You know he's really hurt Rapunzel." A tear falls from your face, "Look, can we just get some sleep?"

"I think that would be best..." Eugene smiles warmly at you.

Suddenly Rapunzel's face lights up, "I know what to for the mural C'mon!"

"Now? Not later, you know when its light out? That's fine I'm not gonna question the creative process."

Everyone runs out of Xavier's place and runs back to the castle.

Everyone expect you and Eugene.

"You coming kid?" Eugene asks.

"Yeah..." you stand up and rub your arm awkwardly.

Eugene sighs, "Look, well get to the bottom of what happened to Quirin I Pro-"

"DON'T SAY IT! I mean, I'm sure we will."

Eugene chuckles awkwardly before walking out with you.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Your finally back in your room at the castle. Sophie has already got into bed but you couldn't sleep. Not until you knew Varian was Alright.

Leo flies through the window and perches on your shoulder.

"Hey, buddy." You whisper. "Could you check on Varian for me? You know just to make sure he's okay."

You quickly write a letter without to much detail about the day and put a ribbon around it.

Leo grabs it and flies off.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Leo flies through a window that's smashed through with the rocks and goes straight in to see Ruddiger looking slightly worried.

Leo tweets, "How is he Ruddiger?"

Ruddiger chitters, "He hasn't done anything since you guys left... he really needs (__) back."

Leo starts hops into the living room with the scroll in his mouth.

Varian is curled up in a ball on the couch holding his half of the heart locket staring at the picture of you in it.

Leo hops onto the couch and tweets to get Varian's attention.

Varian looks up, "L-Leo?" He sits up.

Leo drops the scroll into Varian's lap.

Varian eagerly opens up the scroll.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Dear Varian,

Don't worry about us, nothing special has happened in the last few days.

And Sophie and I will be coming back soon so we can be with you again. We got enough of everything to stay in old Corona with you if you like it or not so there.

From your girlfriend. (__) ♡

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Varian's eyes widen in excitement to know you would be going back, he hated to admit it but even if it was dangerous in old Corona. He missed you like crazy and wanted- no he needed you by his side.

No matter what happens.