Chapter 64 - Varian's POV

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Varian's POV/Story

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"Sooo, the story began when I sir Var-"

"Varian... we don't have all night," Eugene says impatiently.

"Eugene..." Rapunzel scolds then turns back to Varian.

Varian clears his throat, "Anyway, it all started when I found out I got (__) for the secret Santa."

Christmas eve

Varian looks at the paper and sees your name on it.

He had to contain his excitement until he got out of Rapunzel's room but he couldn't help but blush as he was dying to get you.

Present-day

"Hold up, Can we skip to the good parts?" Eugene rudely interrupts again.

"Eugene! Why are you acting like this?" You ask.

"What!? I'm just helping the author out from rewriting everything!" Eugene crosses his arms.

Author Megan comes out of the closet with a laptop and gives Eugene a thumbs up.

It was silent for a moment.

"Okaayyy, so we're just gonna pretend no one is in that closet with a weird device and listen to the story!" Lance says awkwardly.

"Okay, I'll move to a more 'interesting' part." Varian clears his throat.

Back to Christmas eve

Varian is at the black Smith's working on the secret Santa gift, you had just walked off which in a sense was a good thing so he could finish the last part of your present.

Varian had noticed that Eugene was there but ignored him since he was too busy. Though that doesn't mean he didn't respond to his questions.

Varian had just finished adding a clip onto the locket when he hears Eugene say, "this may hurt you but it's the truth, she doesn't love you kid..."

Varian looks up in utter shock, he hadn't even thought what if you didn't like him, after all after Cass made him realise how much you try to impress him, he wanted to try to impress you too.

"S-she doesn't?" Varian stands there for a moment before needing a breather.

"Hey, Xavier? Can I leave this Locket here I need a break..." Varian looks down with his hands in his pockets and walks down the road.

He didn't know where he was walking to, he was just wandering until he could get his head around what Eugene said.

Most of the time he didn't even look up making some awkward apologies when he bumped into people.

Varian heard his name being called and looks up to see you waving.

He doesn't know what to do and runs off as fast as he can.

Once again not knowing where he was running to or why he was running.

After so long Varian ran out of breath and found himself in a forest.

A lonely forest...

Or at least that's what he thought.

Varian hears rustles behind a bush.

"Uh, hello?"

A hooded man jumps out from behind the bush and was ready to attack Varian.

"Give me your valuables..." The hooded man points a dagger at Varian.