Chapter 92 - ready as he'll ever be

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Ready as he'll ever be...

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

"Varian please your not yourself!" You plead.

"Oh, aren't I? And what would you know about it!?" He yells at you.

"Because I know the Alchemist I fell in love with!" You walk over and take his hand, intertwining your fingers with his.

His expression falls looking at you.

"It doesn't have to be like this... we can stand down now, before it's too late."

Varian stands there for a moment, his eyes gaze over to Ariana then he shakes his head, "SHUT IT! I'm gonna make them hear me..."

He yanks his hand from you and turns away to work on his machine. "Any moment now, Your Highness."

Sophie walks over to you and puts a hand on your shoulder.

"Believe me I know, I've sunk pretty low, but whatever I've done, they deserved." He tosses an automaton Axle over to you.

"Varian." Queen Ariana says in concern.

"Quiet!" Varian snaps.

Varian puts his mask down onto the table, "I'm the bad guy that's fine. Its no fault of mine." He walks over to the window, "And some justice, at last, will be served!"

You throw the axle away, "Varian, just listen!"

He ignores you and climbs up the ladder to his automaton. "Its time to rise up, or it's time to back down." He glances down and sees his half of the locket in his pocket. He looks at it and clutches it to his heart. "And there's only one answer for me!"

He comes back down the ladder to get make some chembals, "And I'll stand up and fight cause I know that I'm right. And I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready!"

He looks up at his dad in anger "Ready as I'll ever be!!"

"Think about what you're doing! There must be-"

Varian interrupts Ariana, "MUST BE WHAT?! You had plenty of time to help me! This is ALL YOUR FAULT!"

"And now its time to rise up, or  It's time to stand down. And the answer is easy to see..."

He looks at the painting you made a while ago, "and I swear by her sword, ILL NO MORE BE IGNORED! Cause I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm Ready, Ready as I'll ever be!"

You hold the other half of locket in your hand clutching it. "Varian, please stop before it's too late! What does any of this achieve!"

Varian walks over to a painting of you, Quirin and Varian watching the lanterns. "I never wanted to do this..."

Your face lights up thinking you've won him back.

Varian glares at Ariana again, "but I'll do it if it guarantees!"

"That you will hear me!!!!

Someday you'll thank me!"

He looks over to you and Sophie and then to his dad, "I'll save my home and family!"

He walks over to a lever, to lower his Automaton down the trapdoor, "Cos I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready..."

"Ready as I'll... ever... BE!"

He goes over to the window to see a cavalry coming over. "Well, well, what a happy family reunion, can't wait for next year!"

He smirks deviously which make your cheeks flush red. You quickly look away so he can't see you falling for bad guy side of him.

Unfortunately, Varian does notice and grins more, strolling up to you.

You try to avoid his gaze but Varian gently moves your face.

He smirks even more then tuts, "(__), (__), (__). You're just too adorable... But it seems like I'm losing you to their side. Huh? Am I?!"

He stares at you, "Open up your eyes (__). See this from where I stand."

"Varian we do- I do... but I'm clearly not the blind one here." You take a step towards him. "Varian, Sophie and I have been on your side all along!"

Suddenly your eyes glow white and you fall to the floor. then you see someone walking towards you.

Your father.