Chapter 51 - Once a theif always a theif...

You're in your room preparing for tonight. For some reason, you look in your journal and see a drawing of Quirin and Varian.

All you can hear echoing in your mind is what Quirin said to you when he found out you were Starlight.

"Once a theif always a theif!"

"I'm sorry... but I'll make it up to you... if its the last thing I ever do." You whisper.

You hear a knock on the door, "Come in?"

You quickly pack the rest of your satchel.

"Hey, (__)." Rapunzel walks in.

"Oh, hey! Rapunzel! Hey, hello. What's up?" You smile sheepishly.

"Uh, nothing. I just thought I'd see what you were up to." She looks at you suspiciously.

"Nothing! I am up to nothing."

"Oh, okay. Well, what's Lance up to?" She sits on your bed.

"Lance? Oh, Lance! Nothing. I mean, I'm sure he's doing something. But he did seem tired. Didn't he seem tired? In fact, he's probably asleep already. So, in answer to your question about what is Lance up to, I will answer, Lance is up to sleeping. Why do you ask?"

"Huh, that's funny that's what Eugene said... But, You're gonna think this is funny. I think it's funny, but Cass is concerned that Lance Eugene and you are up to no good. Crazy, right?"

"That's crazy! You know me I hate my old life why would I do it again!?" You smile awkwardly.

"I know. It's just, obviously, I trust you (__), but... I would really hate it if she was right about Lance."

"I know..." you sigh and hug her.

She walks out.

Leo looks at you disappointed, "Oh c'mon Leo I don't need you disappointed in me too, besides Lance  said it was there to take!"

You grab your bag and sigh, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

You go over to the window and climb out to meet them.

-
-
-
You Lance and Eugene are in a tunnel full of spiders.

Lance notices one and shrieks.

"Are you still afraid of spiders?" Eugene asks.

"Yes, I have acute arachnophobia."

You cross your arms, "Yeah, real cute."

Lance opens up the map.

"The treasure's this way."

You all keep walking till you hit a dead end.

"Well, looks like the end of the line..." Eugene says.

"Nah. You're just getting rusty." Lance blows out the lantern and pulls out a small chandelier.

"I thought we told you to put that back!" You whisper shout.

Lance uses the chandelier to break the wall down, then gives it to Eugene.

"Viola!"

You walk into the room, "What the--? This isn't a cave. It's a basement. We broke into somebody's house! Lance! You lied to us!"

Lance gathers treasures, "Now, wait a minute! Lying is a strong word. Accurate, but strong. Besides, the only reason I lied to you both is because you wouldn't have agreed to do this otherwise. So, really, we're all to blame."

Eugene stares at him annoyed, "So, was any of your story true?"

Lance answers, "Well, there was an old inmate named Jesse, and I did call him..."